Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Massage Seat Air Filters

Hi guys. Bought my 2002 LS 430 Premium Pack in July. It had only done 59000 miles and in excellent condition. I always use Lexus Original Parts, and try to follow the service recommendations. On checking the handbook there was a reference to the above for the front seats. It said that to use the functions without changing the filters or without filters could reduce the component life. I found where the filters were housed and no surprise there were no filters, so t thought I would get some.

I phoned Chester Lexus and I could tell during my conversation that they didn't really understand what I was talking about. Eventually they said that having spoken to their longest serving mechanic they had never even seen the filters, or changed any. If I wanted to buy 2 , they would cost £71 each. I declined!!

Anybody any views?

Thanks,

Roger

It seems that many people just remove these filters and clean them with an air line or vacuum cleaner and put them back. If you can't get them at a better price I would be looking at getting them from a breaker and doing the same. That's not very encouraging that a main dealer hasn't changed any!

Do these filters act on the air being blown through the seat or do they filter the air being sucked into the seat so if you pass wind whilst driving the smell is adequately removed before passengers begin to notice :)

Obviously if the filters are missing altogether you will get those funny silent looks from passengers as you discretely press the one touch driver's window down switch.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links