Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Not Working After Fitting New Headunit

Jez.

Hi guys, I'm sure this has been covered a few times but I can't find anything which helps using the search function.

I recently fitted a 2DIN screen into my IS200 Sport and found out that the navigation no longer works. Are there some wiring changes which I need to make in order to get the navigation working again?

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I've done a lot of digging and turned up some rather interesting stuff on getting the sat nav working with my new head unit.

I a bit of circuit diagram from the inside of the OEM head unit and it appears to loop back to the sat nav to get it to work correctly (although without sound apparently, no bother to me, I don't use the sound anyway!) and if the loop is incomplete the sat nav doesn't work.

the bit of circuit I found and where to attach the wires is here:

20914d1233626769-altezza-is200-how-make-

I managed to find the bits I needed as:

2 x 100R 0,25W resistors,

1 x 68R 0,5W resistor,

2 x 18v 0,2W diodes

I have managed to source 2 x 100R 0,25W Resistors from work and have managed to blag a 68R 0,5W resistor on the next order from work so I'm 2/3 of the way there in terms of materials. I'm having trouble finding an 18v 0,2W diode though and I'm not sure how much of an issue it would be if I used a 0.5W diode (I can get these readily from work too!).

Can any of you tech guys offer some advice if using a 0,5W diode would be ok or a definite no no?

Once I've got all the bits I'll keep you posted how I get on, if you're interested that is!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For those who are interested I installed the circuit into the car today and it works a treat! I have loads of spare diodes/resistors if anyone needs them, just drop me a PM or post on here :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

.5W diode as you already know would be fine, it's how much power it can handle.

Well done on getting that sorted!

Yeah I went with the 0.5W after speaking to the electronics manager at work. he ordered me all the resistors/diodes so it didn't actually cost me anything to get it working :) the only trouble is, because he ordered the bits as "samples" I have hundreds of them going spare in my glovebox!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links