Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caliper Rebuild Help Please '97 Gs300

THE GURNS

Hi guys,I recently put new conveluted rubbers on the brake slider pins on the front brakes of my GS300,this solved the problem with sticking brakes but now the caliper has started to stick,I am going to take the caliper off and rebuild it with a rebuild kit,I know to use compressed air to get the pistons out,a good clean and reseal should sort the problem hopefully,the question I have is how to bleed the brakes bearing in mind the ABS,I have been told that the brakes are a b*****r to bleed with the ABS,is this true and if so why?

Any other tips on rebuilding the calipers/bleeding the system?

015-5.jpg

Thanks in advance guys.

From past experience the brakes are no harder to bleed than any other vehicle,obviously it will take some time to refill the caliper's piston chambers so keep your eye on the reservoir level whilst doing the bleed and top up as required.

I tend to use one of those rubber pipes with the one way valve which fits over the bleed nipple although once the bleed nipple is fully opened (maybe worth removing it completely initially) gravity should play its part with fluid flow.

If you haven't already got the rebuild kit there is a good company call Bigg Red or is it Big Redd? which supplies all the necessary parts including rebuilt calipers.