Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Volume Function Not Working On 2007 Is220D

Hi All,

New to the club, recently purchased a IS220D 2007 and all seems fine, except one annoying thing.

There is no sound coming out of the Radio, everything seems to be working except the volume function itself, as in radio seems to be playing, CD too, but the volume doesn't go up or down at all, not even via the steering wheel, no numbers going up or down on the display, the volume button switches radio on and off fine, and all other buttons seem to work too. It is just literally the volume function and therefore no sound coming out.

Can any1 help? :S

Regards - Riz :)

• 3 months later...

Hi all have had this problem before sometimes removing the radio unit and unplugging it cures it but it could also be the amp at fault ( it's in the boot on the o/s under floor trim ) sometimes can get water inside etc. Hope this helps

• Like 1

Yeh I got to the route of the problem. Fixed it myself an only cost a tenner ;)

It was the diodes in the amp that needed replacing. Purchase them for 50p Then got a soldering gun for £9 .

Got the amp out of the boot. Opened it up to gain access to circuit. Heated up the existing 2 diodes and pulled them out. Then soldered new ones in their place. Put the amp back in. And replaced the radio fuses under the bonnet. Was the best feeling ever accomplishing something yourself which would have cost over £300

• 7 months later...