Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

New to the club, recently purchased a IS220D 2007 and all seems fine, except one annoying thing.

There is no sound coming out of the Radio, everything seems to be working except the volume function itself, as in radio seems to be playing, CD too, but the volume doesn't go up or down at all, not even via the steering wheel, no numbers going up or down on the display, the volume button switches radio on and off fine, and all other buttons seem to work too. It is just literally the volume function and therefore no sound coming out.

Can any1 help? :S

Regards - Riz :)

Hi this happend to me once, see hear: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/93237-loss-of-sound-mlevison-system-but-then-back-again/

Did you ever have the stereo working...I mean sound coming?

In the boot you will see under the mat on the right hand side is the amplifier for the ML see if you have any loose connections. I had lots of shopping that was pushing on the amplifer so no sound...Took shopping out and all was working fine.

• Like 1

Hi this happend to me once, see hear: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/93237-loss-of-sound-mlevison-system-but-then-back-again/

Did you ever have the stereo working...I mean sound coming?

In the boot you will see under the mat on the right hand side is the amplifier for the ML see if you have any loose connections. I had lots of shopping that was pushing on the amplifer so no sound...Took shopping out and all was working fine.

Iv only recently bought it, so not sure how long its not been working, had a little look around the amp that's in the boot, doesn't seem to be any loose connections or anything restricting it. Will try taking the amp out properly giving it a once look over, but could that have effect on the actual volume function not working at all. Literally there are no numbers going up or down when i try to adjust volume :S

Really frustrating, as im loving the car over all but this one small but very important thing in terms of enjoying my car is ruining it all lol

As I have the Mark Levison, if the Amp is not working then I loose the full sound.

Maybe you have a blown fuse - That's what I would check first - Read you manual to see what fuse to check or you can see under the drivers knee area where the fuses are to see which one is blown, sorry I dont have exact location.

• Like 1

If the volume display is not changing on the head unit display when the control is operated it could also be a fault with the head unit, check all applicable fuses 1st then go from there.

Another thing to try is disconnect the Battery +ve for a short while to see if this resets the audio system but make sure that you have any required security codes to hand that may need putting in.

• Like 1

Iv already tried removing Battery for a while to reset ECU to see if that fixed it, no luck

il try to check the fuses, iv had a look in the one in engine bay, the fuses there seem fine, although the slots for Radio1 and Radio2 are empty is this normal?

Anybody know where exactly the inside fuses would be? driver side, passenger side?

• 3 weeks later...

Checked fuses and noticed something weird there are 2 fuses in the engine bay exterior fusebox that are labelled radio 1 and radio 2. both had no fuses in them. When I tried to put a 30A fuse in radio 1 as stated on case it immediately sparked and blew out.

Can someone check there fuse box to see if there are supposed to be any fuses in these slots :S

i have a petrol, are the fuese the same?

yes they would be

I'd guess it is a faulty amp.

Solved this problem, after several blown fuses and trial and error, narrowed the exact cause to the amp itself,

However upon checking eBay I found the average amplifier price £300+ :/

I therefore decided to open up my faulty amp and see if i could figure out what was going in myself, performing few tests I narrowed down the guilty components to be the 2 diodes close to the power supply, using my trusty soldering kit, old diodes removed and replaced :P

Low and behold, no tripping and car would finally accept the radio fuse :D

Never been so happy to be able to turn up the volume on a radio, the Sweet sound of music is ever more sweet when you have been deprived of it for weeks ;)

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Good work rizwan.

Something very satisfying about repairing a problem.

Did the same on the on/off switch on my hi-fi power amp a couple of weeks back. They said it could not be done as the model was too old. Pah! Eventually found the component online and sorted it after a couple of hours stripping apart. Worked a treat!