Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation System Problems - No Access To The Menu After Bluetooth Con

I'm having a problem accessing the menu on the on-board navigation system (09, Rx450h) and I can't play any of the audio systems. Currently it just shows the map screen and I can't get off it! i don't have the pointer arrow and pressing the menu button doesn't bring up the menu screen.

It happened shortly after i connecting my new Iphone 6 via Bluetooth, whilst i was on a call. The call dropped off and since then its been stuck on the map screen. It almost feels like it is stuck in Bluetooth phone mode (cutting off audio, not allowing other actions). But I can't now connect any phones or do any other actions.

i disconnected the Battery to reboot the system but its just come up in the same stuck mode.

Can anyone suggest anything,

thank you.

If it is an issue with the Bluetooth could it be your phone ? have you tried it with all Bluetooth devices out of range or powered off (inc other devices in the house}

had a quick check for I Phone 6 on here > http://www.lexus.com/lexus/mobilelink/

this is what it came back with ...

• **If you updated to iOS 8.0 or newer, have iCloud turned on, and are
    using Bluetooth, you might experience the following symptoms:
  • 1. Head unit displays No Service for cellular radio.
  • 2. Unable to initiate or answer calls when connected to Bluetooth.
  • 3. Unable to hear sound clearly when youre on a call with Bluetooth.
  • 4. Head unit displays an active call although there are no calls active on the Iphone.
  • To resolve these issues, please refer to the information on Apple's website here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473.

I had a Bluetooth problem where my phone connected ok but no-one could hear me, turned out to be my Galaxy 4s & a phone software update fixed it ...

• Like 1

Thanks Guys. I have worked through all of your suggestions and unfortunately it hasn’t cured the problem.

Pressing the power button didn’t reset the system. Removing the fuses did mean when the systems restarted it came up with the 'system starting, do not turn off the power' message. But the problem remains. It might be to do with Bluetooth connectivity (or it might not) but it might not. The problem is I can’t access any of the menus to try a fix on the Bluetooth.

The symptoms are:

· No pointer on screen

· Menu doesn’t come up when menu button pressed

· No noise from the audio system. I can seemingly turn it on
and off from the steering wheel mode button. And can change radio station
from there too, but there is no sound.

· Voice operation starts but only on map menu. But I can’t start
any navigation without being able to use the pointer and menu button.

· Won’t connect to any Bluetooth device. And if I try and connect
a new device the car system doesn’t come up as discoverable.

Given these plus the fact that it happened shortly after connecting my Iphone I still think it might be stuck in some sort of Bluetooth mode, but I may be wrong! Any other thoughts on what I can do?

Thanks again

Hi Colin

you might right, it might just have happened at that moment. no, none of the controls work. on/off button does nothing, no sound, no volume control. i can use the steering wheel controls change to change the radio station on the displaybut i don't actually hear anything!

I'm not sure what to suggest. You can try accessing the service menu but if the buttons don't respond this may not work:

hold down the menu button and turn the headlights on/off three times

the only other alternative is a Lexus dealer, or somebody, with Techstream software to be able to check/diagnose if all the audio/nav components are visible on the communication bus.

I would take it in to lexus & see what they say, but if they want you to pay all their wages for a day just to plug it in & have a look, I personally would buy the techstream software & connectors off eBay & have a go at it myself, it may be worth giving apple's tree a shake aswell .. lol ... let us know how you get on buddy.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2015 at 9:53 AM, OCox said:

Hi,

Did you ever get the the bottom of your problem? My RX450H 2011 model has exactly the same issue and nothing I have tried so far has worked.

Hello family,

I'm experiencing similar issues with my RX450H 2010. All buttons are not responding...I can't access the menu button..can't use SatNav, FM, Disc in fact nothing is working....

Is there anyone with solutions please?

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue now. My radio/sat nav and the cursor would start up after driving for a little while. My Battery needed a jumpstart and from then on nothing at all works 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links