Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Engine / Gearbox Questions

mr impact

Hi guys, Im toying with the idea of making my is200 into a drift car, Ive taken it to a couple of local drift days over the winter as a bog standard car with original springs and an original sport lsd thats done 130,000 miles and to be honest as a bog standard car I was really impressed by it.

Obviously the basic things like stiffer & lower springs and a locked diff will help no end, but it could also do with some more power.

Are there any other engines that bolt up to the standard 6 speed is200 gearbox? I may be able to get a 3 litre engine from a GS300 Lexus pretty cheap from someone I know, but would that fit the is200 gearbox? I know the bis 400 V8 needs a toyota supra manual gearbox, and so does the sorer turbo ones, but what about the 3 litre gs300 engine?

I know I can turbo the standard engine, but this needs lots of upgraded fuel stuff and ecu remaps and been told you dont get much of a power gain either so thinking of finding a bigger engine instead.

Any ideas if there are any other engines that fit the gearbox?

Nick.

i believe the 3 litre produces more torque than the 6 speed in the IS200 can reliably handle so if you thinking of doing an engine swap for the 3 litre you will need W58 from Supra as i believe this was what was used for the IS300 manual in the States. if you upgrade your engine you will need to upgrade the gearbox as well.

• 1 month later...