Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Release Lever Not Working

The boot release lever (by the driver's seat) in my '99 IS200SE has stopped working - it feels like the cable has detached. Is this likely to be something I can fix myself? Is one end or the other more prone to this problem?

thanks,

Andy

The boot release lever (by the driver's seat) in my '99 IS200SE has stopped working - it feels like the cable has detached. Is this likely to be something I can fix myself? Is one end or the other more prone to this problem?

thanks,

Andy

its never happened to me but check your boot see if the end has come off :)

If you set the boot lock to the lock position, the remote boot release on the key and the internal level will not work.

I think when you do this. ONLY the remote button will open the boot, it just disabled the internal boot boot switch inside the car

at least it works that way on my 99 is

Aha! Thanks everyone - that sounds most likely as I sometimes put the key in the boot lock when it's open to make sure I don't slam the boot and lock myself out...

- this also explains the utility of the key without the remote boot release button!

cheers,

Andy

Thanks again - amazing it took me nearly two years to discover this! I'd seen the bit in the manual about the valet key, but it didn't seem to make sense having a key that won't open the boot if all you have to do is pull the lever...

cheers,

Andy

• 4 weeks later...