Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am trying not to think about mpg too much as it will probably frighten me but at least it's better than my nissan 300zx tt that I owned, that only did 15 mpg and was only a 3 litre and my 55 cadillac coupe de ville 5.4 only did 10 mpg!

any news from your buyer

No..it's very strange, I can only contact him thru eBay, he picked car up promptly, fell in love with it...and left no feedback...??...I will fish out my old phone, sure his number is in there somewhere...would be to good to be true if for whatever reason he wanted to sell it back, but nothing ventured eh?

The derv beetle tdi convertible I replaced it with was duly given to my daughter for Christmas, so, me, possibly one of the most fanatically petrolheaded person you could meet..(almost 200 cars owned and counting)..., , I'm left driving a dull as dishwater golf tdi....(which we gave her LAST Christmas...)....something ain't right...

I've only seen 30mpg once, when I first bought the car. Presently I'm averaging 21mpg on autogas to and from work in my Mk4, which I enjoy on occasion driving 'progressively', shall we say. After owning this car I don't have any wish to drive anything else. Jeremy Clarkson can keep his Audi's, Mercs and Beemers. Old ones are unreliable and make your fillings fall out.

• Like 1

............ I achieve 30mpg when it's fully loaded, on the M way and doing the speed limit....... and in PWR mode and sometimes on cruise. :whistling: .

seems to perform best that way.

Malc

My LS400 MK3 does 240 miles mixed driving for £40 at 65 litre on LPG. Never told people it was LPG and people at work thought I had money to burn hahahahah.

Some thought I was a drug dealer as my LS400 is black hehe

Currently getting the worse mpg I've seen: 20mpg for a whole tank, on my commute and with no long distance trips. I'm sure part of that is the temperature at the moment - it's the first Winter that I've had the car.

But I can get 30-35mpg.

I've only seen 30mpg once, when I first bought the car. Presently I'm averaging 21mpg on autogas to and from work in my Mk4, which I enjoy on occasion driving 'progressively', shall we say. After owning this car I don't have any wish to drive anything else. Jeremy Clarkson can keep his Audi's, Mercs and Beemers. Old ones are unreliable and make your fillings fall out.

My long term average is also 21mpg, mixed motorway and town (Prinz lpg system, one of the main reasons I bought the car)

No dout I will be shot down in flames here, But if you own v8 Lexus, you must expect small low miles per gallon. Very good for what they can do for the size of the engine, pushed hard they will guzzle fuel. If one wants good MPG, get something smaller. The average Focus, Mondeo, Vectra, etc won't do much better.. Given the choice, need I say anymore.

• Like 1

No dout I will be shot down in flames here, But if you own v8 Lexus, you must expect small low miles per gallon. Very good for what they can do for the size of the engine, pushed hard they will guzzle fuel. If one wants good MPG, get something smaller. The average Focus, Mondeo, Vectra, etc won't do much better.. Given the choice, need I say anymore.

Yes i understand that, i was just making sure my car hasnt an issue as most people are getting early to late 20s, and i cant seem to crack 20 mpg, even though i drive like miss daisy lol

Some owners on the American forums are claiming that replacing the Coolant Temperature Sensor is improving their mpg. Could be worth a punt if you are struggling to break mid to high teens mpg figures.

Some owners on the American forums are claiming that replacing the Coolant Temperature Sensor is improving their mpg. Could be worth a punt if you are struggling to break mid to high teens mpg figures.

i might try and test it in situ first with a ohm meter

Interesting reading, my current average mileage shows 14.6 MPG but then most of my journeys are short and brisk. On a run to Leicester a while ago I saw just under 25 MPG. When I bought the car the average mileage was showing as 22 MPG.

As others have said its a big car with a big thirsty engine so I am happy. My boss has a new LS460 and he only gets barely 20 MPG on average so I am relatively happy.

Here is my contribution to this topic:

N704_FCR_MPG-2.pdf

The above file shows extremely accurate records I've kept since I bought my Mk3 in March 2012 until my last re-fueling on 27 December 2014. As you can see my average MPG over 1 3/4 years is 26.29 mpg over 9,595.49 miles.

It is also interesting that my best results of 30.31 mpg and 30.67 mpg were obtained, as some readers have pointed out, when the weather was warm. I should also point out that my best milages were obtained on long motorway runs all within the statutory speed limits (of course!). It is also worth noting that my worst result, 21.78 mpg was in December last year.

To sum up, I am very pleased with these results.

Pepe

With LPG, you can have both... 15p a glorious mile

In all fairness, we are talking about a very large, nigh on 300hp v8...I would nominate the LS as one of the most efficient barges there has been. Certainly the most efficient of its day. It's unlikley low drag co-efficient,,helped by the sculpted body and hideaway wipers help hugely. I have owned many large cars and joe have come close to the frugality, comparitvely speaking, of the LS

• Like 1

I'm getting around the low 20's mpg on my ls430 according to the computer and I only have a round trip of 8.4 miles to and from work and home. I use the cruise function whenever I can and keep the mph down as much as possible. I have no idea what I will get on motorways and don't normally have a need to use them. I will be towing our little caravan down to Devon at the end of may and it will be interesting to see how she performs then. In any case the benefits far outweigh the issues with the fuel as I now have a car that will easily take my wife's wheelchair without the necessity of folding the double seat down at the back to get it into the boot like on my old car, and she can manage to get into the car without me having to lower her in and pull her up when she gets out which saves my back! :)

I'm getting around the low 20's mpg on my ls430 according to the computer and I only have a round trip of 8.4 miles to and from work and home. I use the cruise function whenever I can and keep the mph down as much as possible. I have no idea what I will get on motorways and don't normally have a need to use them. I will be towing our little caravan down to Devon at the end of may and it will be interesting to see how she performs then. In any case the benefits far outweigh the issues with the fuel as I now have a car that will easily take my wife's wheelchair without the necessity of folding the double seat down at the back to get it into the boot like on my old car, and she can manage to get into the car without me having to lower her in and pull her up when she gets out which saves my back! :)

Mark were abouts you visiting in Devon ?

I should think you might be pleased to get low 20's mpg if your normal daily start to stop trip is only just 4 miles ........ nothing gets warmed up in that timeframe ... I'd have thought the running average at that miles might be low teens tbh

Malc

Hi Paul we are staying in seaton. Our friends moved down there last year and they live on the seaside front so we will be able to pop in on them. I see you are in Devon, or as it's said "the English riviera".

• Like 1

Hi Paul we are staying in seaton. Our friends moved down there last year and they live on the seaside front so we will be able to pop in on them. I see you are in Devon, or as it's said "the English riviera".

We are about 50 miles further along that coast and a little inland,Ogwell just outside the Market town of Newton Abbot,a stones throw from Dartmoor one way and the Beaches etc tother way.

Theres a few Lexi round ere,ive clocked 3 other mk3s and a couple of 430s so a friendly bunch :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links