Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'06 Gs300 - Installing An Aux (Near London)

Hi all,

I recently bought an '06 model GS300 and already love it dearly. I'm currently looking at adding the only remaining toy it needs - an AUX adaptor. Have tried a cassette adaptor, but my tape deck was having none of it, so I'm now pretty settled on getting a Bluetooth adaptor (one of the below) that'd plug into the CD changer port on the back of my car's hifi.

Dension Lite BT:

I have two questions that I wondered if someone could help me with.

- Does anyone have any experience with either of the below units? The Dension looks better built to my eyes, but I don't know any more about it than that.

- Does anyone know who I could get to fit such a unit in or close to London (preferably, who won't charge me a huge amount)? There's a video on YouTube detailing how to install such a unit, but I'd really rather not risk dismantling my centre console and not being able to put it back together.

Massive thanks in advance.

Oli

I thought all mk3 gs300 come with an aux cable in the centre console. Mine does and it has a built iphone charger

Sadly not. Think aux jacks were included from '08 onwards.

Mine is 2005

Well, consider me confused. Could a previous owner have installed one in yours? Mine is also an '05 - definitely haven't found an aux and have seen posts online where people say they were introduced in the GS in '08.