Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I somehow managed to put quite a few scratches on my screen the other morning when scraping ice off of it. I was using a rubber bladed squeegee type thing,so don't know how I managed to do it. I've read on the internet about using toothpaste or jewellers rouge to rub the scratches out. Has anyone ever tried this,and was it successful?.

In other news,I am having the set of Falken ZE 912's fitted this morning. £280 delivered to my house plus £40 to fit with balancing etc. Hope they are as good as you guys say,and don't do what this Falken did!.

post-37664-0-88042300-1422087122_thumb.j

Who did you purchase the latest Falkens from as that is a brilliant price.

The only time I have seen a tyre that ended up like the one in the pictured was driven while the tyre was flat.

Jewellers Rouge ? This is used on glass with very fine scratches and even then you will need to make sure you have plenty of Wheetabix for breakfast and have plenty of patience, if you have deep scratching you could be there for months trying to get rid of them. Mike

• Like 1

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/falken-ze-912-225-60-r16-98-w#82029116

Ordered them last Sunday and they arrived yesterday,albeit with two arriving at 11 'o'clock and the other two at 4 'o'clock on a different van - strange.

Hi John, Many thanks for that posting tyre link. Ordered a set for the newly refurbished wheels, cheepest I have ever seen them. Mike.

I obviously spent some time researching the company on the internet before I parted with my hard earned. They appear to be a Polish company with a base in Harrow. Another search revealed some problems with local delivery,they apparently use DPD couriers who some say have a less than perfect track record for delivering on time. My tyres started out in Germany on the Monday according to the e-mail I received from Oponeo and had moved a couple of hundred miles west by Tuesday,arriving in Eastbourne on Friday. I'm sure my very experienced tyre fitter would have noticed any problems with them when fitting them. I've only driven around ten miles since having them fitted,but they do seem a fair bit quieter than the old Firestone's. Time will tell.

I like Falkens ....... 20k miles front, 22k rears on the Lexus ................. 20k fronts and 40k rears on the Mazda 323f

had them for years and have never been disappointed.

Malc

• Like 1

It seems to me that their tyre prices go up and down based on supply (or not).

So seems like you copped a bargain their, when I had my Falkens all round, their prices were way up on £70, so I went to local dealer and ended up paying just over a ton a corner (fitting/balance/etc).

Maybe next time I'll check these guys out, but so far tyres wearing well, so hoping a while yet before needing to shell out.

• Like 1

Mine turned up today alltogether and they are definately not seconds. I contacted Falken and they do not allow seconds out of their manufacturing plant. When you think about it they are a high performance tyre and the thought that they might have allowed seconds out into the market would be commercial suicide. Mike

Just followed the link posted earlier, and they are showing as no stock, but I did notice that they show one speed rating at the top of the ad (W), and another just below (H).

Hopefully you all got W rated, as H is only up to 130mph.

Wouldn't want any of you getting a blowout at 155!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links