Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 300 Sport Saloon Production Numbers

Thanks for that, the reason why I asked about a sport saloon is because mine has sport badges on the front spoiler and on the rear door quarter lights with a factory body kit.Is this a normal car or do you think who ever brought it from new had it fitted with extras.

The sports body kit was an option when purchasing the vehicle, the parts were actually fitted in the UK once the vehicle arrived from Japan. As it isn't an official grade, but rather classified as an optional extra, there aren't any stats available as to how many there were. I'd guess less than 150 had the body kit on them.

That's nice to know we are special, I wonder how many are still on the road as I have never seen another one in my neck of the woods, or how many are owned by members in the LOC.😃

i dont think there was any other member out there apart from me now there is two of us.. ones that did had the 200 not the 300.. wasnt officially called IS300 Sport but we all know it is...enjoy your ride they nice cars.

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice to know we are special, I wonder how many are still on the road as I have never seen another one in my neck of the woods, or how many are owned by members in the LOC.

Mine is still going!

• 3 months later...

I have a 300 Sport Edition. The lady before me bought it from Lexus 10 years ago marketed as a Sport edition.

I have the TTE front bumper with integrated grill, rear lower lip, rear boot spoiler, lowered suspension, 18" Aero alloys, stainless sill trims and pedals, rear privacy glass with Sport in the quarter lights plus the LSD.

All in all it is a Sport model regardless of what the logbook says.

No such thing as an IS300 sport model in the UK. They're just all IS300's but they have all the "sport" goodies from a 200. Some IS300's even have a sport badge such as mine (front grill) yet there's no actual IS300 sport lol.

TTE kits were optional extras on all IS's, 200's and 300's and some 300's even have sport badges on the rear quarter panel windows.

Hi,this has proberly been asked before but does anyone know how many is 300 sport saloons were actually produced between 99-05.Not including the sportcross. Cheers all.

None

I have a 300 Sport Edition. The lady before me bought it from Lexus 10 years ago marketed as a Sport edition.

I have the TTE front bumper with integrated grill, rear lower lip, rear boot spoiler, lowered suspension, 18" Aero alloys, stainless sill trims and pedals, rear privacy glass with Sport in the quarter lights plus the LSD.

All in all it is a Sport model regardless of what the logbook says.

No you don't

Dealer bull cr*p.

If you do any research you'll see that all IS300's in the UK were exactly the same mechanically and only differed cosmetically if it had the optional "aero" kit on it (which was also available across the whole IS200 range also, even on non sport models the S and SE) which yours did. Also there is no model called the IS300 sport edition, family work at DVLA, all that comes up is saloon or sportcross. And I bet your V5 just says IS300 not IS300 sport or sport edition.

• Like 1

At the end of the day who gives a cr*p whether it's been marketed as a Sport model or not?

It's a nice car, end of, and has all of the bits a 200 'Sport' has, albeit a proper engine that actually manages to propel the car forwards.

Much nicer than just a 'Sport' listing on the V5.

All of these cars be they the 200 or 300 aren't really worth any money now so it's not as if we are talking about a rare Ferrari or something; these are all sub 3K cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links