Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok The Burning Question!

Toy40

Hi just joined over from the TOC looking Advice! Do I buy a LS 400 Or 430!Have an Avensis and a ST182 celica Pop up Lights!Getting on a bit (me not the car) and I think its time for the celica to go!So like the retro bit of the 400 but the speck and moderness of the 430 draws me to it also,so whats the general consensus!!

Hi just joined over from the TOC looking Advice! Do I buy a LS 400 Or 430!Have an Avensis and a ST182 celica Pop up Lights!Getting on a bit (me not the car) and I think its time for the celica to go!So like the retro bit of the 400 but the speck and moderness of the 430 draws me to it also,so whats the general consensus!!

Here you go, and welcome to the forum.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/95155-hello-and-also-unoriginal-ls400-vs-ls430-question-from-a-new-member/

• Like 1

Thank You! Hasn't helped though!!!Still more questions lol.The 430 has suspension faults but I would like to think they are not all prone to this! The 400 is the car I always was looking at But now the 430 seems better value Newer,more modern flasher and just seem you get more for similar money.

Thank You! Hasn't helped though!!!Still more questions lol.The 430 has suspension faults but I would like to think they are not all prone to this! The 400 is the car I always was looking at But now the 430 seems better value Newer,more modern flasher and just seem you get more for similar money.

The LS400 is without a doubt one of the best cars available for little money, I've had two so I can speak from experience. The LS430 is in my opinion a much better looking car. When scrubbed up they really look the business. The cabin is superb, the gadgets will keep you amused in traffic jams, and the wood veneer is like being in an antique shop! As I've said before, we tend only to hear about the ones with problems, not the ones that go on for 200K without issues.

However, If I was to do a very long drive, like across Europe for instance, and I had the choice, I would probably do it in an LS400. Seven years of ownership and I spent less in those years than I've spent on the LS430 in 6 months.......but I still think it's a fab car that's ridiculously cheap for what you get.

You're welcome.

A lot of us had the same choice to make, and it has to come down to personal choice in the end.

I have only driven the 400, but I love mine, and there are plenty who say the same about their 430, so best of luck deciding.

For me, it was heart vs head. Heart said "LS430" which when you drive one, is just a slightly nicer place to be.

But head said "LS400" due to the small but annoying number of LS430-specific problems I saw while I was looking.

Welcome Liam

No doubt the build quality of the 400 is outstanding, but the whole vehicle is a bit outdated since the design dates back to the early 1990s.

The 430 is a step up for most things, including toys, but isn't as bulletproof. A 430 without air suspension and one which has had regular transmission fluid changes would be worth considering.

Some really good points here! the 400 is a classic look,but for not much more you get a 430 with huge road presence that looks like it could be a 2010 car with people not knowing the models. Then400 seems to be the more reliable but there must be 430 out there that too have given no problems.I don't intend doing big miles and im steering towards an 04 with the 18" rims look more modern too.

Some really good points here! the 400 is a classic look,but for not much more you get a 430 with huge road presence that looks like it could be a 2010 car with people not knowing the models. Then400 seems to be the more reliable but there must be 430 out there that too have given no problems.I don't intend doing big miles and im steering towards an 04 with the 18" rims look more modern too.

If you get an 04 you'll be getting the face lift model which looks even more up to date. Buying any luxury car that's as old as these always has a risk element.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then went out and got myself a lexus!!! Ended up getting a 2002 LS430.Car in great condition very well specked service history AND no Air suspension which to be honest was putting me off these.Photos to follow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links