Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 2.5 Sel - Mpg And Price Of Car Tax For A 2006 Car?

JamieD

Hi,

Thanks to you that gave me the constructive feedback on my previous post.

Carrying on from there, the 250 looks like the car for me and my budget, but realistically, what MPG could I expect ?

Also how much would the car tax be as I've seen it priced at anything from mid £200's up to almost £500....?!

Thanks,

Jamie

Manual gearbox has road tax of £460 I believe.

Auto gearbox has road tax of £280.

Auto mpg....typically I get 27-31 around town.

On a decent run with cruise control I get 35-39.

I've had my IS250 since last July. In that time I've done exactly 5,000 miles (to the exact mile!) at an average 29.79mpg (calculated from actual petrol used, not from the car's computer). My best tank was 32.43mpg and my worst was 26.37mpg.

Most of the mileage has probably been motorway (weekly trip from Hampshire to West Midlands) with the rest around town. I've mostly used either Shell V-Power Nitro+ or Shell Regular Unleaded petrol in it, which has worked out (with petrol prices falling) at 19.31p per mile overall.

• Like 1

Don't believe the computer average mpg it overeads by at least 2 mpg. If you work on 30 mpg average you won't be far off and at least you won't get smelly diesel on your hands ;-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links