Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just bought my 2007 gs450h (posted on earlier thread).

In general I am very happy with the car but I have found a couple of areas of concern and wondered if anyone could clarify possible causes:-

1. I have a few dash rattles but these can be sorted so not too concerned about that.

2. I parked the car up for two days and when I started it there was a small amount of blue smoke.

Could this be wear in the piston seals or valve stems? The car has only done 55,000 with full Lexus service.

3. From cold start on tick over, I can feel a distinct shudder or lumpiness from the idle. This seems to go once warm but is this normal? I would be surprised if it is?

4. This might be a normal hybrid thing but whilst in neutral if I apply gas the car hardly revs at all. Is this just something normal that hybrids do?

Sorry to ask do many questions but if there are any issues with the car I want to get them sorted sooner rather than later.

Cheers carl

In general I am very happy with the car but I have found a couple of areas of concern and wondered if anyone could clarify possible causes:-

1. I have a few dash rattles but these can be sorted so not too concerned about that.

2. I parked the car up for two days and when I started it there was a small amount of blue smoke.

Could this be wear in the piston seals or valve stems? The car has only done 55,000 with full Lexus service.

3. From cold start on tick over, I can feel a distinct shudder or lumpiness from the idle. This seems to go once warm but is this normal? I would be surprised if it is?

4. This might be a normal hybrid thing but whilst in neutral if I apply gas the car hardly revs at all. Is this just something normal that hybrids do?

Sorry to ask do many questions but if there are any issues with the car I want to get them sorted sooner rather than later.

Cheers carl

Hi Carl

I can only answer your last question 4

Yes that is normal, you cant rev the engine, you may have a

slight increase in revs if you put your foot to the floor, you will also get a

message come up on the small screen in front of you saying that while the car

is in natural the hybrid system is not charging and you should put it in park,

Not sure if the 2007 model had the valve spring re- call,

you could check, other than that I would keep an eye on your oil level.

Cheers carl

Hi Carl

I can only answer your last question 4

Yes that is normal, you cant rev the engine, you may have a

slight increase in revs if you put your foot to the floor, you will also get a

message come up on the small screen in front of you saying that while the car

is in natural the hybrid system is not charging and you should put it in park,

Not sure if the 2007 model had the valve spring re- call,

you could check, other than that I would keep an eye on your oil level.

Thanks Chris, I rather thought the gas question was going to be normal as it drives just fine but having never owned hybrid before it's always worth asking.

Cheers Carl

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a 2007, owned for 3 years, have found all same 4 issues.

1 - Dash rattles - dash seems great quality but just a bit more creaky and rattley than I would have expected I just crank up the music volume drown it out !

2 - Non revving in Park = its Normal... the computer just doesn't let you do it, no problem.

3 - Blue smoke - hmmmm... I get a lot of this, too much IMHO really to be normal .. quite concerning, make wonder if the engine a suffers constant cold start/stop.

4 - Slight sensation of Judder/rumble thing when in neutral - yes I get that too, its a little odd, I think its probably just the hybrid system motors etc. doing something???

Amazing cars but not perfect.

I have to say my car only smoked slightly and I only ever saw it once after it returned from lexus after doing some recall work.

They said its possibly some excess oil that burnt of after the work they did caused it. I dont exactly know how this could occur after replacing the fuel pipes ect but it hasn't done it since and I periodically do check.

I have just had the dadh out and had new clips and felt added so I'm hoping this will cure the dreaded creak.

So far I haven't heard it which is a good sign.

Fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links