Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Lexus, First Post, Any Recommendations For Options?

Aikon

Hi everyone, I'm going through the motions of ordering my first Lexus for delivery as a company car later this year.

I've had a 2hr test drive in a CT200h Advance which was great & it averaged 53mpg over a very mixed route in & around MK on a mix of city, DC & country roads. I'll be the first driver in the company in a hybrid, in fact the first not to have a diesel!

I am thinking the Advance Plus will be the model I order, with the optional wifi hotspot option, the only options I've got in my VW that this spec doesn't have is auto parking which I don't use & the auto dim rear view mirror. Are there any options you would recommend I consider before I confirm my order?

Thanks in advance

I don't think there are two many options available are there? For example you cannot get the auto dim rear view mirror unless you go for the Premier spec.

What size wheels did the demo car have, you want to make sure you are getting the same as the ride quality and economy alter depending on the wheel size.

Depending on your preference you may want to consider a spare wheel. I don't think the Advance Plus comes with one, as the sunroof adds to much weight when combined with a wheel to kept it in an emissions category. I'm sure a dealer can add that after registration though.

A good point about the wheel size, the test vehicle was an Advance with 16's, I'll see if I can get to drive something with 17's before I order.

The spare doesn't trouble me too much, I haven't had a spare since my Audi A2 back in 2005!

I just got an F Sport on Monday. It has practically everything you will need to be honest barring the M Levinson, Premium Nav and Camera. It rides nicely on the 17's too but I can't compare it to 16's.

Have you considered the F Sport?

I have but as it's a company car & the Advance Plus has everything I want plus the two tone paint, nav & sunroof all within budget I'm fairly settled on it.

I don't think you can go wrong with any ct200h to be honest. The spec on the Advance Plus does look good to be fair. It might have the auto dimming mirrors as well as I didn't think the F Sport had them when I got it but it did.

You will enjoy it when it comes.