Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Maintenance Schedule

Deet27

HI all looking abit of feedback, on the Maintenance Schedule for my 03 Gs300 135k Miles. My car has no service history and I wanted to create a service schedule to follow using Lexus Drivers site, Does the frequency of jobs sound right?

Every 5k

Replace Engine oil (5w30 Fully synthetic, Going to use Castrol Magnatec A1)

Every 15k

Replace Aircon Filter

Re torque Drive flange Bolts

Every 30k

Replace Brake Fluid

Replace Air Filter

Replace Coolant

Check brake pads

Every 60k

Replace Spark Plugs

Check Valve Clearances

Check Drive Belts

Every 90k

Replace Timing Belt

On working on schedule i have noticed that there are no Diff oil Change and Transmission Fluid change just to Inspect them.

How often would you Drain and Fill the Diff oil? 30k? 60k? other?

Same with the Transmission Fluid (Drain and Fill) how often?

Many Thanks Dietmar

Engine oil and filter is fine at 10k miles.

Cabin filter is every 10k not 15k.

Air filter

Coolant

Brake fluid

All 20k

Spark plugs replace

Aux belt replace

Timing belt

90k/10 years

Diff oil is 20k

The official line from Lexus on the ATF is "never change"

If you decide to change, don't flush it or completely change it. Change it little by little. A full change on older car that has never had the ATF changed before can "shock" the box and lead to complete transmission failure. That's not just hearsay either. I've seen that happen on a 10 year old IS300 at 100,000 miles.

Cheers for the response, Seen post of 3k and that for oil changes which i thought was abit extreme, Will mainly be doing city driving, 10k ok for city driving or reduce?

I have not owned an Automatic before so would not be 100% on whether oil has been changed, it is red, not gritty and does not smell burnt. it might be normal for 135k miles or had oil changes in the past, really don't know

Can you clarify on the ATF change, when you say don't Flush it or do a complete change are you refering to flush (adding a cleaner/flushing chemicals) and Complete flush (drain pan, torque converter and oil cooler etc)

When you are refering to change little by little do you mean drain and fill, I think that a drain and fill uses 2lts of oil and total capacity of ATF is 8lts. Altho Toyota/Lexus dont have a schedule for changing the ATF there are numerus posts on Drain and fill and it seems to be that drain and fill every 60k.

Sorry for all the questions but dont want to do something stupid

Cheers for the response, Seen post of 3k and that for oil changes which i thought was abit extreme, Will mainly be doing city driving, 10k ok for city driving or reduce?

In the US? They are obsessed with changing oil every few thousand miles. In the UK the 10,000 mile interval is fine - no engine issues because of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links