Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Question

Get a quote from them Geoff........then compare it with one from LV whose customer service in my experience is first class !

Regards

John

How strange that you should say that! I have two quotes on my desk at the moment, one from Adrian Flux and the other...............wait for it...LV. there is about 30p difference in the figures!

Get a quote from them Geoff........then compare it with one from LV whose customer service in my experience is first class !

Regards

John

How strange that you should say that! I have two quotes on my desk at the moment, one from Adrian Flux and the other...............wait for it...LV. there is about 30p difference in the figures!

I was psychic Geoff, but only in a previous life !!

I can only speak from experience having been with LV for 10 years plus.

50 years ago I`d have been looking to save the 6 bob !!

Regards

John

No offense Geoff, but have you tried Saga?

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Non taken David. I had my 250 insured with them and so asked them for an idea on the 300h if I should get one, they weren't competetive at all I'm afraid.

Im personally too young for Saga although my father and his ridiculous MINI is with them. No problems with them.

Im with Highway Insurance (who are actually part of LV) for both cars RX450h and C220 CDI through Chris Knott as Highway are through broker only. No problems and Ive been with them for 2 years as they were nearly half the price of LV on both occasions

No offense Geoff, but have you tried Saga?

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Non taken David. I had my 250 insured with them and so asked them for an idea on the 300h if I should get one, they weren't competetive at all I'm afraid.
Ok. I forgot to mention Flux are brokers not Insurers, IMHO. Maybe they are quoting LV as well.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Over the last few years I've always gone with the main companies direct line etc, currently with aviva having got a quote for less than £200. Go through quidco and got another £70 off which was paid into my account in November. Helps being an old git now.

Over the last few years I've always gone with the main companies direct line etc, currently with aviva having got a quote for less than £200. Go through quidco and got another £70 off which was paid into my account in November. Helps being an old git now.

Blimey Bob, what did you actually pay? I've got maximum NCD and have been quoted £231.65 with protected bonus.

Blimey Bob, what did you actually pay? I've got maximum NCD and have been quoted £231.65 with protected bonus.

Don't shoot me, but I'm in the insurance business. There are so many variables that go into the underwriting/quote system that comparing what you get with anyone else is will give you a rough indicator only. Even just changing the last 3 digits of a post code will alter the premium. I would venture to suggest that a premium of circa £200 is unlikely to be bettered.

£197, protected no claims. It was the quidco deal that swung it as I received the £70 Cashback bringing it down overall to £127. With that and the road tax and better fuel economy over my Is250 it has been pretty cheap motoring.

• Like 1

Wow you guys must be driving very little or you live in an area with hardly any crashes or thefts! Im paying £298 for my wife's C220 CDI which is 11 years old and driven only 5k a year so you can imagine what mine is!

Comparing insurance purely on price is folly.

As an example I wouldn't touch Admiral with a barge pole after having to fight with them for 6 months after an accident to get them to pay out the amount I had originally stated on the commencement of the policy, and an amount that the financial ombudsman agreed with.

With insurance companies you never know how good they are until you need to call on them to make good on their side of the agreement.

• Like 1

Quote from Martin who posted at #18 "With insurance companies you never know how good they are until you need
to call on them to make good on their side of the agreement."

Precisely why I asked the question when starting the thread. I was looking for a competetive premium to go with some recommended customer service.

Precisely why I asked the question when starting the thread. I was looking for a competetive premium to go with some recommended customer service.

And unfortunately all you got was a load of people boasting about how low their premium's are :unsure:

And unfortunately all you got was a load of people boasting about how low their premium's are :unsure:

Problem is that most if not all insurance companies have crap customer service anyway so it doesnt matter. Had an accident in my wife's Merc when on LV. Totally was not my fault as I got hit in the side - the 25 year old chap didnt even look before changing lanes and LV paid £1000 for a damn scratch on his car from my mirror without even investigating which goes down as my fault! Is that good customer service then?

• 4 months later...

Had no problems with Adrian Flux for quite a few years with the 3 wheeler, for a "parts only" policy, but moved this year to another broker, as AF initially quoted a much higher premium, then offered their "price match" when I'd found a better deal.

To do this once was OK (I stayed with them last year when the same happened) but when I saved over 25% by moving this year, they'd tried it on once too often.

Malcolm

Lv are the worst insurance going , when claims go in they treat you like an idiot i have just had them chasing a no blame claim out come nothing.

Not my experience Keith, but one must speak as one finds.

Regards

John