Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Folks

Would somebody please confirm the type of fuse used in the IS250.

The fuse box I am interested in is the one located under the dash on the drivers side.

Are they called 'Mini Blade Fuses' or is there a proper technical name used?

I am looking to attach 'Piggy Back' leads to hardwire in a dashcam.

Before I purchase the leads, I just wanted to make sure I am buying the correct ones.

many thanks

I don't know if they are different under the dash...it's too cold, I'm not going out there now....but the ones I've changed under the bonnet were the mini blade type. I suspect it would have the same type throughout.

They are called 'micro-blade' fuses - they are smaller than mini blade fuses. Available very cheaply on eBay.

eg these are micro fuses http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICRO-BLADE-FUSE-SELECTION-TOOL-3-5-7-5-10-15-20-25-30Amp-x120-RR24-Bike-/271741977183?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3f4515825f

and these are mini fuses - longer 'prongs' than micro: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35-Piece-MIXED-Mini-Blade-Fuse-AUTO-Car-Motorbike-5-7-5-10-15-20-25-30-AMP-CA-/221633752746?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item339a66aeaa

But I think you will find it very difficult to wire into the fuse box under the dash. The fuse box is actually part of the ecu/junction box and you absolutely cannot get into the back of it to put wires in (And I have one broken into - largely in small pieces and not re-assembleable). I suppose that theoretically you could stick a wire into the front of it if you could identify a suitable power source in an unused fuse position, but having just had to pay for two of these ecu/junction boxes at £600 a piece - I wouldn't recommend it.

Your best bet might be to identify a wire that carries sufficient power to feed the camera as well as whatever it is meant to feed and tap into it - but if anything goes wrong Lexus will show no mercy if you have non-standard wiring. It has just cost me over £2000......

Hi John

Thanks for confirming the name of these fuses.

I was going to buy 'Piggy Back' Fuse wires, so all I need do is remove a fuse, insert the Piggy Back connector/wire, insert the fuse and then I have a connection to attach the new wire to. Should be a clean job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links