Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Power Loss

Is200Sully

Well my problem is happening and no engine light is on... I've changed a list of parts drove car last nite taught my look had changed it drove perfect even when it was hot but after stopping for 5 mins I go driving again and it's back to shuttering a bit and sluggish so I give up I say I'm gonna try sell if not I'm gonna park it up and eventually put in a different engine

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

mhm, yes the engine with low mile u can get for 400-600euro cheap. But how u can't find the problem i dunno.. bring it to a proper mechaninc there loats of mechanics that are just named as mechanics but they are not in reality.

• 4 weeks later...

Update, had a chat with a toyota mechanic again and he has told me to change out temp sensor and cam position sensor see if it makes any difference also to check my air intake manifold for leaks...

Ordered new sensors waiting for them to come and will check the intake over next few days... Just gotta keep changing til I find the problem...

Parts aren't that bad price wise and mechanic normally just tells me how to change them or what to do so labour costing nothing all in all its ok...

Once I get it going properly I'll be happy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Check earth wire connected between engine block and firewall.

Check the engine ground points. 2 of them connected on top of the camshaft cover.

I have no idea why they connect there because a gasket between the cover / camshaft engine block . So only 11 bolts provided earth path back to engine block. Think about it when they all rusted.

I think it is a not a good engine earth locations. I did a quick fix by connected cover/block by copper tube.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links