Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Gs450H Owner Looking For Some Advice

Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 2007 facelift Lexus GS450h. Having got to know the model quite well through my dad who also owns one, I am pleased to have purchased one myself. I just have a few questions;

I purchased the car with some patchy service history, which was reflected in the price I paid for it. The car has 82,000 miles on it. It has had a recent service in the past 2,000 miles so the oil is in good shape. My opinion is that it probably has been serviced however the service history has gone missing for around 25,000-30,000 miles. It is a one owner from new car. Let's assume that it did miss 3 services, would there be anything sensible I should do at this stage to keep it in good condition? I was thinking I won't leave it long until the next service, perhaps another 4-5,000 miles so the oil put in at 80,000 will not be in too long to give the engine a good clean out. I have no problem going to an independent dealer, but any advice is appreciated. Clearly it doesn't have a cambelt otherwise replacing that would be my first port of call.

My next question, has anyone had a roof box installed and could give me some rough figures as to what it might cost? The boot isn't exactly spacious so having a young family I think it would be a sensible choice to look at investing in one.

Other than that, what an enjoyable few hundred miles I have experienced so far. On a run I comfortably get 40+mpg and my daily commute returns 33-35mpg, which I am delighted with! Radar cruise control is something I will never get bored with too.

Thanks,

Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links