Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warped Discs?

Deet27

HI all looking abit feedback/info.

When I brake most of the time but not all the time I get a judder through the steering wheel. Seems to Judder the most when braking lightly at about 30-50 MPH and ease up as i come to a stop (Braking harder).

I have only had the car for 1 month and when I was giving the car a good checkover after buying I noticed that all the slide pins were stuck( not completely seized but barely able to move) after I freed them up the brake wobble seemed to start.

My 1st impression is that I have a slightly warped disc or discs but am unsure as surely I would get a Judder/Wobble every time I brake and not sometimes?

Whats your thoughts?

Regards Deet

The GS series II seems very sensitive to this issue. I would make sure your wheel nuts are tightened evenly to the correct torque and it may be worth taking off the discs and clean the hub and disc centre to make sure it is going on completely squarely, and the same for the wheel centre.

It is also worth checking the lower suspension ball joints for any play.

Cheers for the response.

Car passed Psv 2 weeks ago so should not be any play in ball joints however I noticed the top ball joint rubber had spilt (no play in it thou)

Will give all the joints a good check over.

Wheel nuts torqued to 110nm?

• 3 months later...

Warped brake rotors will give a judder on the brake pedal every time you brake.

At about 50 mph, usually, indicates an imbalance on the front rotating wheels.

jack up the front wheels and check that the tyres are fairly round when freely rotating. Look for any bulges indicating that the steel belt of the tyre has failed.

Check the bearings for any play. There must be no play at all.

Rebalance all wheels dynamically.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links