Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy An Ls400

Pepe, you will regret "downsizing" the car. Downsizing only applies to houses and the wife (its just a joke, the wife bit) What a beautiful car you have. Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the compliment. My "downsizing" does refer to our house. Fortunately I have found a professional car storage facility near our new house but at a price, Sir! So what I'll be saving in utilities might be offset by storage fees. Maybe I need to have my head examined.

Pepe

Pepe ............... you have a Mk3 and a Mk4 ?

Malc

I have both, Malc, both in showroom condition. Lack of space is prompting me to think of selling the Mk3 if push came to shove but I would do it most reluctantly. Here is the Mk4 for comparison purposes:

post-42486-0-32962500-1425235751_thumb.j

post-42486-0-24336200-1425236088_thumb.j

The LS400 is a great car and will become one of the great classics of the future. I should know, in 1969 my car was an E-Type . . .

Pepe

Yes, looks great, Pepe - it's good to see ones that really are immaculate rather than those that aspire to be ...

What colour is the interior, just out of interest? I am guessing grey from looking at the rear seat headrest in the last photo.

I am sure you will miss it if you sell it!!

Im selling mine, 95k miles, Full Lexus history, cream leather unmarked interior, 4.0 liter, LPG convesrion, private number plate, will put brand new MOT before selling. Colour is in Gold which goes well with the interior, few age light scratches, other than that runs like a dream, as you would expect from a Lexus.

Im selling mine, 95k miles, Full Lexus history, LPG convesrion, private number plate, will put brand new MOT before selling. Colour is in Gold, few age light scratches, other than that runs like a dream, as you would expect from a Lexus.

Yes, looks great, Pepe - it's good to see ones that really are immaculate rather than those that aspire to be ...

What colour is the interior, just out of interest? I am guessing grey from looking at the rear seat headrest in the last photo.

I am sure you will miss it if you sell it!!

You guessed correctly, Colin. My Mk3 has a grey interior whereas my Mk4 has a black one, as shown here:

post-42486-0-70441400-1425241504_thumb.j

post-42486-0-48354200-1425241087_thumb.j

.. I do so prefer the grey to the black ...... mine's rather more blueish hue I think ...... but then my car's aspen green and it's really silvery'ish to me ....... maybe it's my eyesight .......... your Mk3 looks stunning Pepe, looks a lustrous car and if I didn't have one similar ( albeit rather less pristine, well nothing like yours tbh ) I would snap your hand off and buy it .... you could send me a message and tell me what you want for it if you don't want to tell other people on here :whistling:

Malc

Thanks for all the helpful replies, will be patient with my search as it has to be the right car mechanically and also colour, i personally like the dark green, ATB

You wanted Green.....http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503041421064/sort/default/radius/1500/usedcars/model/ls_400/saved-search-id/2c929af84a5d8fa0014a5f3540d7000b/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/lexus/postcode/bs110uj?logcode=p

Hmmm... Ive just been checking his website and on one of his cars he still has left a auction sticker on the car, not the Lexus another car of his (tiny little barcode under mirror, hard to see unless zoomed). I am a dealer my self, buying and selling cars is what I do (and no, my LS400 for sale is not a trade sale, its my own personal car). I know what auction that cars come from and the prices for that car in the Auction are roughly £2,119 for that type of car with that sort of mileage. Im sure someone wouldent be willing to pay the full amount anyway, they would knock about £200 of asking price, which means he will sell the car for about £2300. He would only be making little over £150 if he's lucky, which is not worth the hassle of getting the car to location, fixing odd jobs here and there. I'd look closely on this car, there must be something dodgy about it, its too good to be true. I'm in this business and know the tricks these traders play. That cars worth well over 3k, low mileage and its in good condition.

Hmmm... Ive just been checking his website and on one of his cars he still has left a auction sticker on the car, not the Lexus another car of his (tiny little barcode under mirror, hard to see unless zoomed). I am a dealer my self, buying and selling cars is what I do (and no, my LS400 for sale is not a trade sale, its my own personal car). I know what auction that cars come from and the prices for that car in the Auction are roughly £2,119 for that type of car with that sort of mileage. Im sure someone wouldent be willing to pay the full amount anyway, they would knock about £200 of asking price, which means he will sell the car for about £2300. He would only be making little over £150 if he's lucky, which is not worth the hassle of getting the car to location, fixing odd jobs here and there. I'd look closely on this car, there must be something dodgy about it, its too good to be true. I'm in this business and know the tricks these traders play. That cars worth well over 3k, low mileage and its in good condition.

Ever heard of Lexuschap? You have described him to a T.

......... Windsor Race Course seems an excellent sales venue ...... I bought my Mk2 from a dealer in Windsor town and most of his secondhand cars for sale were Rolls, Bentleys, Mercs and Maybachs ....... my 1994 Ls400 Mk2 was a throwback, he'd sold the numberplate for shedloads of dosh ( BCA3 ) and sold me the old banger ....... 8542miles and £3750 at 13 years old in Dec 2007................

I like Windsor .... oozes a bit of quality, even for a car dealer.............. and this guy's write-up of himself reads well ( no surprises there of course ) ..... and the sales venue, wow, how does someone get that pitch !!!

Malc

Wonderful looking cars Pepe. Tell me how much time do you spend keeping the engine bay looking so pristine? and whats the secret?

Hi Stuart

The pristine appearance of my engine bay is not my handiwork. In order to get my cars into showroom condition I have engaged the services of a professional DETAILER. Here are the before and after pictures of my Mk4:

post-42486-0-24837000-1425548385_thumb.j

post-42486-0-62090700-1425548443_thumb.j

Having achieved this I then try to use my cars only on nice dry days, and after each outing I thoroughly clean not only the engine bay but the entire car before putting it away. In other words, one has to keep on top of things. A bit OTT, I suppose.

Pepe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links