Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cam Belt Is300

lexus22

Not sure but there should be information in your owner's handbook or on a sticker under the bonnet,plus the change is also based on age so if this is the 1st belt change it is already overdue assuming 100,000 or every 10 years.

Looks like it, had car since 50k and now done 97k so will check out some prices to get it done, guess it's a belt kit with everything that needs changing included. Reckon I might get the spark plugs changed as well as iv'e never had this done, but engine is fast and smooth.. is it worth doing plugs?

Hi apparently its every 90,000 miles or every six years whichever comes first,so looks like its well overdue a change(if not already done).

not at that age and and IS300. If service intervals are every 10k then the belt will be 100k or 10 years, whichever occurs first.

Have had major discussions with Lotus regarding cambelts! They reckon the belt on my Esprit should be changed every 3 years. The car does less than 1500 miles a year and is kept in a heated garage, and when they change the belt (after charging me £500+vat) the original belt looks brand new! They agree that the main factors to belt deterioration are extreme temps and the way the car is driven. I now leave it 4-5 years which I still think is to soon but if that engine blows i'm in for 8k rebuild.. :eerrrmm:

Will have the is300 done at 100k which will be in couple of months time, but that engine has not missed a beat since I bought it at 50k and apart from oil changed every 10k have not needed to do anything!

By the way, what are the best spark pugs for the is300?

I swear by denso iridium power ik20 5304,just fitted a set in my is300( bought it a week ago) it is a bit fiddly though, you have take the throttle body off ,there's 2 plugs under and the ik20s are good for about 25k due to the 0.4mm electrode

Apparently iridium is a rare element and only a few tons a years are processed most if not all of which is used in the manufacture of spark plugs.

Due to its hardness it is very difficult to weld to the electrodes and there were in early designs problems from the iridium tip falling off inside the cylinder resulting in engine damage.

I swear by denso iridium power ik20 5304,just fitted a set in my is300( bought it a week ago) it is a bit fiddly though, you have take the throttle body off ,there's 2 plugs under and the ik20s are good for about 25k due to the 0.4mm electrode

Thought these iridium plugs were good for 60k? Whatever plugs are in my engine must be good then as iv'e done almost 50k on them and got no idea how many miles they have done before i bought it!