Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting To Look Into Is-F Ownership

Hi all!

Its been quite a while since I've been on this owners site as I sold my 2011 IS250 F-Sport a long while back. Been running a B7 Audi S4 (4.2 V8) for a long while now, but its starting to get a little old (and a little boring imo). So, I'm now starting to look into different car options, and the IS-F seems to be well on top of my list! But I do have a few questions:

1. The ACC - is it available on all the models from 2008 onwards?

2. I wont be putting the car on the track, so how important is it really to have the uprated diff / suspension (2010 models up right?)

3. Which year got Bluetooth audio streaming?

4. Do all models have the memory seat function that is programmable to the keys?

5. Do all models have the Mark Levinson sound system?

6. What other improvements would getting a 2013 model have over a 2008 or 2010?

Pretty much seen all videos of the IS-F on YouTube and Vimeo (do like the fact it seems faster than a RS4!) but if anyone has any other vids out there - please post a link!

Does anyone live in the Wiltshire / Bristol area with an IS-F? If so, any chance of meeting up so I can actually see one in the flesh? A nice cold pint will be offered! :D

Thanks all!

Hi.

As no one else has given this a crack yet, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. ;)

1. Yes - I believe so.

2. Not important. Unless you are a skilled professional driver, the earlier electronic LSD will do just fine.

3. I believe it would be 2010 onwards?

4. Pass! Don't think I have it on my 2008? I just push the preset buttons on the drivers door?!

5. In the UK, I believe so.

6. Not much! The LSD, softer suspension, sport button on the steering wheel, blue section on the bottom of the steering wheel, black buttons on the centre control column.

The follow-me headlights as I call them were on the earlier models. The later models with the DRL strip don't have it.

Hope this is some help. :)

Hi.

As no one else has given this a crack yet, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. ;)

1. Yes - I believe so.

2. Not important. Unless you are a skilled professional driver, the earlier electronic LSD will do just fine.

3. I believe it would be 2010 onwards?

4. Pass! Don't think I have it on my 2008? I just push the preset buttons on the drivers door?!

5. In the UK, I believe so.

6. Not much! The LSD, softer suspension, sport button on the steering wheel, blue section on the bottom of the steering wheel, black buttons on the centre control column.

The follow-me headlights as I call them were on the earlier models. The later models with the DRL strip don't have it.

Hope this is some help. :)

Awesome! Thanks! Does certainly help. I think the 2010 model is probably the best overall for me if it has the Bluetooth streaming and having the adaptive headlights. Like the idea of having the most toys ;)

What's ACC?

The later ones had different alloys but I thought the original ones were better.

There is a 2013 one just come up on the Lexus website with just 2000 miles!

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control.

Means you can set the cruise control on and the car will auto slow / follow a car infront, etc.

Hello mate.

Mine's a 2008 and has memory seats that link to the key fobs (you need to set it up Peter!). It also has radar cruise control and adaptive lights (I presume you mean the ones that move as you go around a corner).

That said, I would always get the latest model with the lowest mileage. I live in the Oxford area and I'm happy to show you mine if we can get meeting times/places sorted out.

Cheers.

Always buy the latest you can afford. From your list the only thing the 2008 doesn't have is the mechanical LSD which won't impact you if you are not going on track and Bluetooth streaming. So workout if the extra purchase price is worth it for those options. I bought 'uplay' puck and use that to stream music.

Stu

Hello mate.

Mine's a 2008 and has memory seats that link to the key fobs (you need to set it up Peter!). It also has radar cruise control and adaptive lights (I presume you mean the ones that move as you go around a corner).

That said, I would always get the latest model with the lowest mileage. I live in the Oxford area and I'm happy to show you mine if we can get meeting times/places sorted out.

Cheers.

I've tried a few times to get the memory seat linked to the key but it never works on my 2011 model. What was your way of doing it Keith?

Hello mate.

Cheers.

I've tried a few times to get the memory seat linked to the key but it never works on my 2011 model. What was your way of doing it Keith?

Once you have set your desired seating/steering/mirror position to a number on the door turn the ignition all the way off. Then (with no power to the car) press and hold that number on the door and the door lock button on your fob at the same time. You must press them at the same time or it won't work. The car should emit a long beep when it's set but the car might still lock with you inside.

Then test it by moving your seat back a bit, get out the car and lock it. Once you touch the handle to re-open it, you should see your seat move back to your position. Then do the same for your partner's fob (but on a different door number obviously). Hopefully that will work for you but the procedures are in the owner's manual (they are in mine anyway)!

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hello mate.

Cheers.

Once you have set your desired seating/steering/mirror position to a number on the door turn the ignition all the way off. Then (with no power to the car) press and hold that number on the door and the door lock button on your fob at the same time. You must press them at the same time or it won't work. The car should emit a long beep when it's set but the car might still lock with you inside.

Then test it by moving your seat back a bit, get out the car and lock it. Once you touch the handle to re-open it, you should see your seat move back to your position. Then do the same for your partner's fob (but on a different door number obviously). Hopefully that will work for you but the procedures are in the owner's manual (they are in mine anyway)!

Good luck.

Superb Keith...after faffing around for a bit I managed to get it to work. Thought it hadn't worked but once I opened the door the seats returned to my position.

Now to set the spare key up for the wife as she will be driving the F to work on Wednesday whilst I sort out her RX at Hedge End. First time she has flown solo in my car so hopefully it will come back in one piece.

With only 225 or so ISFs on the UK roads, most registered before 2010, and only 4 sold in 2014; you need to weigh-up the importance of the various upgrades. The mechanical LSD makes very little difference over the very capable electronic version except in competitive driving. Some will prefer the slightly softer suspension on later models. The boy-racer ultrasonic blue colour was in great demand from non-ISF buyers and only became available on later models with very few sold (particularly with the white leather upholstery). The steering-linked headlights were dropped on later models - it was no great advantage for night driving anyway. Late models have better audio connectivity and SatNav, plus improvements in instrument and control layout. There are no UK options except the sunroof, although for a while the Mechanical LSD was optional.

ISFs seem very reliable and long-lived, so you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Ultrasonic blue is by far the best colour imo! I miss my F-Sport that was in that colour, so when I do get an ISF it will have to be in that colour (with the cream/ivory/white/whatever interior)

Since when has the Ultrasonic blue been associated with boy racers? Must have missed that memo seeing as Lexus used that colour in their promo shots.

To be fair, you are a bit of a hooligan ;)

• Like 2

there isn't a huge amount of choice but as always you pay your money... The older ones aren't depreciating much these days and that makes them attractive. The newer ones will have less owners and should be in better nick. Lexus still offer me a warranty on a six year old car btw, which I didn't take up as I'm "happy" to take the risk but beware the older warranty excludes the ice.

oh and the acc is a bit first generation and binary on the brakes and throttle. Annoys me. So I just use the standard cruise which is tricky to find unless you know to push the stick away for a few seconds. The acc goes up in 5mph jumps too so you can't select 82 which my TomTom tells me is 77. Just south of speed camera settings hopefully.

Keep an eye on the next service as for example the 60k is really expensive. As are brakes and tyres. Check front inside Tyre tread depth as its easy to miss that they are very worn. Wonderful car. Get one. Enjoy.

There was a lot of initial demand for the Ultrasonic blue which didn't become available until quite late - by which time it was no longer as fashionable and less than a dozen have been sold in the UK. Rare - yes; desirable not necessarily.

I think it's more about the practicality with the USB cars, as the majority came with the white leather interior.

Given the fact I have kids, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Strange that the majority of the examples for sale are USB with white interiors, given there rarity.

And in fairness, we've all seen you drive Andy! ;) hooligan!!

Almost as much as Stu when he drives through red traffic lights! Lol. :whistling:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links