Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone on here own a dark coloured MK 4 'R' reg living or working in Carnforth. We were down that way for a few days last week and spotted it in a private car park on the main road, A6, near the shops "Aldi" etc just up from the railway station.

Not me, but know exactly where you mean, travelled through there many a time when working in Newcastle and visited my mum in Morecambe.

Great journey that, A69 across to Carlisle on to M6 and off at Carnforth, the best bit of the M6. Journey is only spoilt by the traffic lights there at Carnforth seems to take ages to get through them. Carvery at the Carnforth Hotel is recommended, as is the food at the Cross Keys further down the A6 passed the Morecambe turn, towards Lancaster.

Another good route from the A69 is to turn off and head through Alston and join the M6 at Penrith. Some lovely scenery that way and a smashing cafe at the top for coffee.

I suppose being from Durham you'd use the A66.

I'm a Gateshead lad living in Washington and the LOC doesn't specify if you're a Geordie or not. You're either from Co. Durham or Northumberland. A1M to Scotch Corner, A66 to Tebay and M6 South. Nice run on fairly quiet roads but we can pick and choose our travel times. Return journey M6 Tebay to Brough and over the moors on the 'B' road to Barney, Bishop Auckland and A167 North (the old A1) back home.

You're right about the other roads and cafes, used them many a time for a good run out.

Gateshead, know it well, spent two years living in the Baltic Quays overlooking the Baltic Mill and the Tyne, up until September last year.

Know Washington too, stayed in Ye old Coppe Shoppe during the week for about 8 months in 2006.

Both times whilst I worked on contract for Nissan. I really enjoy parking my Lexus in amongst all the Nissans - make it easier to find.

Probably going back again in April so may see your GS300 around.

Nice place.....Washington Village, Washington Old Hall is the cradle of the Washington family who's most famous son became 1st president of USA. My GS is now sold and I have an E46 BMW 325 Auto until a really good LS 400/430 becomes available within about 50/80 miles.

Nice place.....Washington Village, Washington Old Hall is the cradle of the Washington family who's most famous son became 1st president of USA. My GS is now sold and I have an E46 BMW 325 Auto until a really good LS 400/430 becomes available within about 50/80 miles.

my brother has one of those and im driving it at the moment - his is 325i msport - its a very nice drive once you get used to the harsh ride

Mines a 2001 SE but the rides still choppy unless I'm doing 40 ish up over. Couldn't refuse it when it came up for sale 72000 miles BMWFSH with a couple of nice factory fitted options and one owner. I wont put a picture up unless you ask.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links