Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D - High Fuel Consumption

highgrade

I have a Lexus IS 220D, 2007 plate. Bought it at a car dealer as a used car. From the time I got the car, I've noticed that my fuel consumption is very high - about 24 miles to the gallon. Is this normal?

Also, the revving is just over 10,000 rpm intermittently. Any ideas on the cause?

Thanks for the help in advance.

I had my erg replaced with a new one and performance is better and mileage is a lot better . When you run your car from cold with the heater on it will run about 1200 revs until your car reaches temperature then it will run at about 800 revs

• 3 months later...

As not to start a new thread on this

Hi. I am a new member and I have brought a Lexus for the first time Seem to be having trouble with getting good mpg. Having read what could be the problem I have cleaned the egr valve out. It was very dirty looks like it had never been cleaned My car is the is220d with 115000 on the clock it has full Lexus service last one being 105000

Having just come back from a long drive on duel carriage way at a steady 70 mph. It's return is only according to the read out on the car at 29.9 mpg. If I really give it a boot to the floor in 3rd and 4th it is surging a little bit. It doesn't smell of fuel so any ideas what else it could be

Would like your input. If I can't get the mpg up I will consider selling the car

Thanks very much

Just got the car back after the garage has looked into it on why it's doing so bad on the fuel. Seems it's perfect nothing wrong with the car that they can find. So what I am going to do is get rid sell it I think it's the best thing to do. As most of my driving in town work I can't warrant running the car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links