Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying A Is300 Sportcross

Hi All,

Apart from the obvious things you'd check on all cars, any specific areas I should be looking at on a IS300 Sportcross ?

I'm guessing things like checking the timing belt & water pump have be done at the correct age or mileage (any idea when this is? 8 years or 80K miles?)

Many thanks

Stu.

BTW - Any idea what the width is with mirrors? Specs of seen aren't clear if 1725mm is with or without mirrors.

Sorry forgot to say that the belt is best done at 60-80000 miles, I had mine done plus pump etc, and when the belt came out it was fine, but not worth the risk IMO !

• 4 weeks later...

And I bought it! :phone:

Drove about 200 miles in it yesterday and compared to other cars of this age i've driven it feels screwed together really well.

Love it and hope to get many miles of hassle free motoring out of it.

Yup, very happy.

I bought it from member JaneT (see early in the thread).

It appears to have been well looked after and apart from the usual stone chips and car park dings you'd expect on a car of this age, it seems to drive really well.

I've got it booked into Lexus Birmingham in a couple of weeks (soonest they could fit me in!) for the 100,000 mile service and to sort out faulty reversing sensors.

SatNav has an issue (can't see disk) and eventually i'll consider replacing the innards with a TomTom, Garmin or such like as it's easier and cheaper to keep the maps up to date (unless anyone has a good reason to keep the original working?). I've found a few articles on the net from people who've done this and it looks relatively easy.

Other than that it all seems very rosey!

Wife and kids love it too and I discovered last night I can fit all my band stuff (guitars, amps and PA) in it with no problem.