Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Essential Servicing

My IS250 is due for a minor service so I took a look at the Lexus site to understand the difference between the 'essential' minor service and the 'normal' minor service. However, there doesn't appear to be on upon downloading the spec sheets. I thought I would try a live chat to ask and it appears as if Lexus just want to charge you an extra £89 for the pleasure of stamping your service book!

Here's my conversation with the lady from Lexus in case anyone is interested. She didn't really have an answer to my question as you can see. Now I just have to decide if I really need the stamp for £89 or do I just keep the certificate with my paperwork and be done with it!?

[Lauren] Hello, and welcome to Lexus! You're chatting to Lauren how may I assist you today?
[Visitor] Hi Lauren, I have a 2007 IS250 and I was wondering what the main differences are between an Essential Minor service and a normal Minor Service?
[Visitor] Looking at the downloaded service spec sheet there doesn't seem to be all that much difference although the price difference is almost £100
[Lauren] Hello the differences are shown in the downloaded service sheet which you have so it will be the last 15 items which will be checked/replaced which would not be with the minor service.
[Visitor] Would I still get a Lexus stamp in my service book by using Essential servicing?
[Lauren] No you wouldn't as it not classed as a full Lexus service - You will get a certificate which you can keep with your documents however the book will not be stamped.
[Visitor] OK, I understand. I've actually just read through the downloaded lists and they are exactly the same for the minor ones. I guess you're just paying £89 to get the Lexus stamp in the book then?
[Lauren] The normal service is above and beyond what you would normally need. The Essential Care is just the "basic" service which meets the driving standards basic requirements.
[Visitor] OK, thank you for your help.
[Lauren] Your welcome.
[Lauren] Is there anything else I can help you with today?
[Visitor] No that's everything thank you.
[Lauren] Thank you for chatting today. As we value your feedback please click the 'Close' button at top right to answer a few questions about your experience with us.

The "essential care" service misses several things such as lubricating door hinges/catches. My GS430 had FLSH until it had "essential care" service but will no longer be serviced by Lexus dealers. My local garage has proved extremely competent with a couple of problems and could not be more helpful. If you have a local garage which is good and competent then I would use them.

• 5 months later...

I couldn't spot any difference for an RX - apart, presumably, for the Book Stamp.

I dont understand why they can't just give you a "Lexus Essential Care" stamp instead?

• Like 1

Some dealers do just stamp the book, or just give you a discount on the main service down to the value of essentials.

Not sure why they need to have a difference. Just give owners of 5+ year old vehicles a discount off labour and parts, that is how MB operate.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links