Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220D Service Parts?

Hi guys,

I've decided to do the servicing on my car at my friends garage after being on a Lexus service plan for a few months. Had one service and decided I'm paying too much.

My only questions now are finding parts for my service as i would like to source my own parts and try to get branded and possibly uprated parts so i know whats going into my engine and car and peace of mind that its really good stuff. I want to look after my car as best as i can as i use it for work and do 110 miles a day so as you can imagine the mileage is racking up, 15k in 6 months!

So do you guys know where to get any decent branded possibly uprated parts for a service, and how much of the oils i will need?

For my next service I need:

Engine Oil (been told 5W-30 fully synthetic either Castrol Edge or one of the Fuchs range)

Oil Filter

Rear Differential Oil

Brake fluid

Fuel Filters

Air conditioning filter (obviously this will be OEM as it won't make a difference haha)

Thanks very much for your help,

Chris

If your not looking at the numerous Toyota/Lexus 'service kits' available on eBay (usually good value), then here's a few I've used before

IMO, blue print is always very reliable. good alternative.... and available from most independent stockists... I used them for most of their part on my old Avensis without any problems

My personal preference is to use MANN or HENGST for oil filters, as they are frequently regarded as higher quality than OEM (never buy cheap filters!).

For Fuel, again my preference is for Denso (original Toyota supplier).

Oil ... it's all about the spec .. and frequent change (6k IMO is the most you should allow)... I usually use COMMA or millers, again, make sure the spec is correct as per user manual.. I personally don't think much of Castrol, but just my opinion..

I opt for self-servicing, not so much for cost, but more about knowing your using decent components and knowing it's been done to your satisfaction... and my love of Toyota/Lexus has only increased the more I've see how they put them together (compared the horrors of my wife's s--max)

Thanks very much for your help!

Yeah I don't just need a normal service kit though, as I said its basically a full service the next time so I need a few other bits, and it's reached the mileage to do the rear diff oil.

Yeah I understand it's all personal preference, I'm gonna check out all the stuff you've showed me there and see what it's like!

I think I'm going for Fuchs GT1 it's supposed to be decent.

Yeah that's the thing with me, it is slightly about cost because I hate being charged £70 an hour or whatever and you don't know what they are doing with your car, but yeah I also want to learn about the car, I knew my last car inside out, a Honda Civic EP3. Because I did everything myself or with friends if I couldn't. I think I was put off slightly with the lexus as it's the first diesel ive ever owned, it's the newest car ive ever owned and quite frankly I didn't want to ***k it up!

Thanks again for your help :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links