Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Gen Ii Mcu3X - Moon Roof Operation

Hi all,

Just had my RX for over a week and there's something I can't seem to get my head around (even with the aid of the owners manual) to do with the Moon Roof buttons...

I have both "tilt" and "slide" buttons up by the rear view mirror interior light cluster but they both do the same things - exactly the same!

What's more, if I have the moon roof closed, and push "up" on the "tilt" switch and hold it in, the roof:

Opens/raises at the back for ventilation, then will Close, pause for a split second, the proceed to open fully by sliding, then pause for a split second before sliding closed, the pause for a split second before repeating the whole procedure until you let go of the button!

As mentioned above, the "slide" button does the same thing...

Ordinarily, this would not be a huge deal but I never know if I have "closed" the roof enough to avoid leaks when it rains for example, as operation never stops in a closed state... (Hope that makes sense?)

I've never had a car that's done this and don't know if it's a Lexus quirk or if something isn't working quite right, please could someone let me know how theirs functions?

The only thing that may contribute to this issue was the dealer I had the car for had it sitting for a few months and changed the Battery before I went to view it, so it has had a flat Battery for some time as I had to reset the windows during the test drive... I have tried to reset the sunroof using the window trick but as it never stays in an opened/closed position, it didn't seem to help!

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi Chris

I see you have done the reset , what I would do is disconnect the Battery for 10 mins , do the windows and sunroof again . Because you have been fiddling with it , there might be problem that it doesn't know right from wrong 👍

Good luck

Jon

Hi Jon,

Stupidly should have searched this one in the forums... The answer was out there!

The Sun / Moon roof (you say tomatoe, I say tomato etc...) does indeed have a reset like the windows:

If your roof is acting screwy, slide the "slider" towards the rear of the car and hold until roof no longer operates for 3 or so seconds, then push and hold the slider towards front of car and hold until roof no longer moves - now repeat the steps above for the tilt switch (I went for the arrow pointing towards rear of car) and hold until the roof no longer opens/closes/tilts for a good 3 seconds, and again with the tilt switch in the opposite direction towards front of car until roof no longer moves.

Confirm normal operation is restored, slide the 1-touch slider towards the rear of the car and release, this should open the roof fully.

Repeat above but push the slider towards the front of car and release, this should then fully auto-close the roof.

With the roof closed, push and hold the tilt switch on the side with the arrow that points to rear of car, this should raise the roof fully and stop. Let go of button.

Repeat above step but push button on tilt switch on the side with the arrow pointing to front of car, this should close the roof and nothing else. Let go of button when roof motor shuts off.

If all the above works, then happy days!

Thanks,

Chris.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links