Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pollen Filter Diy According To The Manual

Me again, new 450h owner trying to find my round my new car, So I knew it had been smoked in, not badly but a little so I was looking through the manual last night (yes some of us do) and it said a DIY job was to remove and clean the pollen filter in the glove box.

I managed to get it out, and to release the actual filter you sort of have to lift up a bit of plastic.

Trouble is the filter is dirty and will need replacing but the lid that was over the pollen filter now wont come back down again there is a gap as you look at it where as there wasn't when I took the filter out.

I have tried pulling the lid down but it just springs back up.

The manual never mentioned anything like this so have I broken it? I hope not..

Any help appreciated

Thanks

if you did it that way you have been extremely lucky that the lever asnt broke

If you change it in outside mode you will not even know that you have broken the lever

just that you will have no recirc mode

Expensive repair

just as a aside to this

if you take out the shelf and shine a torch in to back of glovebox

there is a slight gap and if you operate the recirc/fresh switch you will see the door open and close

If you take of that door in Fresh mode you will almost certainly break the flimsy lever and you will not even know that you have broken it

There must be 50% of Gs300 running with that lever broke and owners may not even Know

But there is good news there is a repair kit for it

around 25 pound bit fiddly to repair but is doable

Hope yours is not broke

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links