Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I'm thinking of buying a GS300 but I've heard all sorts of nasties about engine problems.

What I would like to ask is, is the problem as real as reports suggest.

Does it only affect the 05/06 vehicles or up to 2010 as some reports say. I'm not really sure what to do. I don't know whether to buy a cheap one, just to check it out or to spend £10-£15K on a later one.

One thing I do know is, the best people to ask are the people who have done it.

Thankyou in advance.

Regards

John

BTW I ask Lexus UK, here's what they said.

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email dated 30 April 2014 and for your interest in Lexus.

We have no recorded concerns of this nature in relation to the GS450h model, the engine design and software is different to the other models. We have received a small number of reports similar

to your description on IS250 and GS300 and for affected customers we have provided out of warranty assistance but not the unlimited support offered in the US.

At the end of the manufacturer’s warranty of three years or 60,000 miles,whichever comes sooner we encourage our customers to invest in an extended warranty for further peace of mind. For
those who do not choose this option, we do try to provide an out of warranty goodwill contribution, if possible. For issues of this nature, the support we offer is on a case by case basis,
following a diagnosis from a Lexus Centre for vehicles up to five years old and
less than 93,000 miles with a full Lexus service history.

I trust this is of assistance and thank you, once again, for your interest in Lexus.

Yours sincerely

Samantha Betts

Customer Relations Executive

Probably because the UK cars are not really affected. The reply from Lexus implied that you had enquired re the 450h?

I enquired about the GS300 and asked if the GS450h was also effected. The Lexus reply indicates there is not a problem in the UK even with the 3.0 engine but as it's the same as the one marketed in the US, I thought I'd ask the people who own the cars, rather than the people trying to sell them.

Don't forget that Lexus manufacture in the US whereas UK cars are built (I believe) in Japan. I am sure you won't have this issue if you buy a GS300. They are a great motor. You could try the GS430 too.......fantastic.

Don't forget that Lexus manufacture in the US whereas UK cars are built (I believe) in Japan. I am sure you won't have this issue if you buy a GS300. They are a great motor. You could try the GS430 too.......fantastic.

Thanks, that goes a long way to explain the situation. I wasn't aware of the US factory, it's a shame Lexus UK failed to mention it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links