Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Rear Silencers Wanted

I did wonder what it would be like with the second cats removed. Bit of a bummer chap. Some pics of the bonnet and badges on the rear would be good.

Happy to help with videos so people can hear the difference. Be good to that a stock one there as well.

Stu

I did wonder what it would be like with the second cats removed. Bit of a bummer chap. Some pics of the bonnet and badges on the rear would be good.

Happy to help with videos so people can hear the difference. Be good to that a stock one there as well.

Stu

If you need a stock I will be happy to come up and help out.

• Like 1

Cheers Andy. :)

Will need to leave it for a while.

Got more DIY to finish off around the house, then off to France for Le Mans (not in the F sadly!), then heading to New Jersey to sort out a couple of insurance cases.

I've also got the log burner being installed at the house over the next week or two, followed by the shutters for the two bay windows! :(

Good news is we just had 5 huge trees cut down at the front of the house. :)

Enough logs for 2 winters once they are seasoned, and no more branches, sap, bird dropping hazards if the car is on the driveway! ;)

• Like 2

Sounds good Mark. :)

I may need to get my secondary cat's back mate. Will largely depend on whether the car will still pass the sniff test for the MOT! ;)

I'll ask my tester (also my bodyshop guys) to probe it next week when they are painting the bonnet for me.

Hopefully it'll be fine without them, but just in case I thought I'd mention it now! :)

Look forward to seeing how you get on with the silencers chap. :)

Cheers.

Pete

Sorry for the delay in replying bud, been in Korea on work. Silencers are now done:) and must say, it's worked out very nice.

Just let me know when you want to get yr pipes, I've got them stored in the garage at the mo...damn their big f@"kers! Lol

Hi Peter

I wouldn't mind knowing how they resolved the droning - I had a stainless system fitted when mine went and the drone like you said you have experienced is dreadful. Although now, almost 2 years after it has been fitted its not that bad (coked up a bit now I think)

At 70 mph and around 2k revs is the worst and as that's cruising speed its sods law its annoying !!

I have seen "fixes" for it which people have done in the states which involve adding a curved pipe to each exhaust behind the back boxes and this creates a disturbance in the air flow and also adds a bit of back pressure which improves the flow and also eliminates the noise.

• 3 months later...

Well after modifying one set of silencers, I went about making a Prototype Super Sport set. They are not quite Straight pipes as ive kept one set of internal baffles and the resonance damper. The car now sounds the nuts with very little drone.

So a weekend of work and a not so wallet busting £45 later. The result is...well lets just say, great.

post-51028-0-64848400-1440964397_thumb.j

Sound lovely, only thing that worries me about changing mine, is I've read a few people's woes of "droaning". As I'm not getting any younger n love the drive I'm a little worried it would be something I'd regret, looking forward to Sunday to speak in person to those that have......

Sound lovely, only thing that worries me about changing mine, is I've read a few people's woes of "droaning". As I'm not getting any younger n love the drive I'm a little worried it would be something I'd regret, looking forward to Sunday to speak in person to those that have......

Happily take you out in mine so you can hear it.

• Like 1

Guess you should come out in mine as well chaps. ;)

See how it sounds without the second cats, and a couple of small mufflers installed. :)

It's a lot better drone wise than it was before the silencers! Lol.

Be interesting to hear how it sounds next to Stu's car. :)

After todays meets at bluewater i would say if anyone is looking to get a exhaust conversion with very little extra raw at that lower rev range were the stock exhaust is not so active, i would get what Mark has done.

im just like him and many others, i want very little drone and bit of extra growl. I'll be paying a visit to my local to replicate what mark has done.. (unless Mark would it for me, at a reasonable cost lol )

Dont get me wrong, the H&S on Stus car sounded very mean and aggresive, but it was too loud for my liking.

For me the meet was well worth it just to hear Marks car.. and make my decision.

i will be looking for a OEM used read cat back system, so i can take the resinators out of.. so if anyone has one let me know plz.

After todays meets at bluewater i would say if anyone is looking to get a exhaust conversion with very little extra raw at that lower rev range were the stock exhaust is not so active, i would get what Mark has done.

im just like him and many others, i want very little drone and bit of extra growl. I'll be paying a visit to my local to replicate what mark has done.. (unless Mark would it for me, at a reasonable cost lol )

Dont get me wrong, the H&S on Stus car sounded very mean and aggresive, but it was too loud for my liking.

For me the meet was well worth it just to hear Marks car.. and make my decision.

i will be looking for a OEM used read cat back system, so i can take the resinators out of.. so if anyone has one let me know plz.

That's exactly why these meets are so good. You get to see/hear things that you can't comprehend properly over YouTube. I would say it's worth taking a ride in a car with h&s to totally make up your mind. I agree marks is a very good sound and between h&s and stock.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links