Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning Points

Tulpen

I'm curious.......

Underneath my 'No of Posts' I have a line which says ' 0 Warning Points '. I haven't seen that on another member's info and I wonder why.

Apart from one speeding fine, I've LED a blameless life. :)

i had it for a short while aswell - then it went away - never did figure it out - sorry

i have a question aswell - when you hover over a members name a screen comes up which has a number underneath the members avatar - what does that number mean?

I've got it as well.... The was a post on this subject years ago if I mind rightly... Think it's to do with warning off admin if you break the rules.... Like you I have no warnings so I'm not that bad .... (I must of slipped under the radar lol)

Ps only visible to yourself and not to everyone... As I can't see it on yours

• 5 months later...

Thanks, Graham, I was about to start a new thread to ask about this. Good job I thought to search first, otherwise I may have received a warning point........

Malcolm

Oh no - When Jeremy used a Ls400 for target practice in his video, I wished his crotch would get infested with the fleas of a thousand camels and his arms too short to scratch :)

oops ...2 points now?

I got mine years ago for trying to sell some indicator lenses to a member with the proceeds going to charity ,but because I am not a gold member I got the points. What's that saying? "No good deed ever goes unpunished ".

Never mind, it reminds me of my school days which are now a fading memory.

I doubt very much that you get warning points by stating what you think of J Clarkson or come to that by trying to sell without being a non Gold Member, unless of course you do it on a daily basis. Mike.

Mike

Please don't insinuate I am a liar .If you go back through the files if the forum keeps them that is exactly the reason I was given the warning.

And just to clarify the situation I tried to do it once.

• Like 1

I have not insinuated that you are a liar but people are stopped from trying to sell things on a daily basis and not one of those gets a warning point. I have had a look back to 17th Nov 08 when you were given the warning point for selling despite already having been told you cant. Mike.

Well if you can read back that info you can also see that the reason for selling was for a charitable donation and you were insinuating I am a liar without any clarification, which we now have .I suggest you be a little careful in your statements in the future.

Well if you can read back that info you can also see that the reason for selling was for a charitable donation and you were insinuating I am a liar without any clarification, which we now have .I suggest you be a little careful in your statements in the future.

I repeat again I have not insinuated that you are a liar. I am always careful with my statements. The only information that I can see is on record is what I have already disclosed to you. Are you saying that you did not try more than once to sell this item while being a Gold Member? Did you only try the once to sell?

With regards to selling so that a charity can profit, the rule is quite clear when it comes to selling and that is no selling unless you are a Gold Member. I personally am not a fan of that rule but it is a rule and to be a member of the LOC you, other members & I accept that rule is there and has to be adhered to. You could always put it on eBay and pass the monies on to charities that way.

As for the Charity part of this problem. I am not insinuating that you were going to do this but there are many that would abuse that sub rule if it was there and never pass the monies on to a charities. It is not possible to administer that everyone who said they were going to do this actually passed the monies on to a charity so that means no one is allowed to sell unless you are a Gold Member. There are no exceptions.

Now please let that be an end to the matter. Mike.

The sell came about because a member asked if anyone had this particular item and I offered it on the terms that any proceeds went to charity it was not put up for sale as you seem to be implying and as for the rules as you put it I don't go out of my way to break them and neither do I like being talked to like some errant schoolboy, you are starting to sound like a dictator not a moderator.If this is a wake up call for you than so be it.

Again in this statement you have questioned my integrity when your refer to the charity issue I think you have said enough do not dig the hole any deeper.

• Like 1

Not siding with anyone here, but you can't provoke someone by asking questions like: "Are you saying that you did not try more than once to sell this item while being a Gold Member? Did you only try the once to sell?" Then closing off with: "Now please let that be an end to the matter. Mike.".

Just saying...

The sell came about because a member asked if anyone had this particular item and I offered it on the terms that any proceeds went to charity it was not put up for sale as you seem to be implying and as for the rules as you put it I don't go out of my way to break them and neither do I like being talked to like some errant schoolboy, you are starting to sound like a dictator not a moderator.If this is a wake up call for you than so be it.

Again in this statement you have questioned my integrity when your refer to the charity issue I think you have said enough do not dig the hole any deeper.

You were the one that kept pushing the subject not me. No matter what way you put the facts you offered something for sale and you were not a Gold Member. I hope I moderate fairly and squarely for everyone only you seem to think that no matter what anyone says to you especially when it comes to the facts that you are being treated unfairly and that couldn't be further from the truth. I would be more than happy if you could give some examples of how I should have treated this subject with you. I just told you what the facts were. I am more than happy to leave it there. Mike.

Not siding with anyone here, but you can't provoke someone by asking questions like: "Are you saying that you did not try more than once to sell this item while being a Gold Member? Did you only try the once to sell?" Then closing off with: "Now please let that be an end to the matter. Mike.".

Just saying...

If you are going to comment on things you might at least get the facts straight that's how these things get out of hand. Just saying. Mike.

Ok...... lets get this straight

Warning points can be given for a variety of reasons (including selling when you know you're not supposed to & of course for being an arse). It works on a 'so many strikes & you're on suspension' 'carry on and you face a ban' but very rarely does it ever come to that.

If you have 0 then that's great & absolutely nothing to worry yourself about

The only people who can see your 'stars' are yourself & the mods/admin team. There is no set time for the stars to stay on & if you feel that you have 'done your time' please give me a yell & I'll look into removing them (presuming you have been well behaved since you got them :whistling: )

:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links