Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spacesaver Wheel

I know that a number of fellow members have purchased a SpaceSaver wheel for peace of mind and am wondering what you have got.

I had a call from my dealer yesterday to say that mine is ready for collection. He tells me that it is a 17" wheel/tyre whereas those on my car are 18".

He told me that the wheel fits all the IS range and that it will be fine to use.

Have you checked your SpaceSaver size against your wheels?

Any thoughts on safety, effect on the car etc.

Mine is 17", I think this is standard for spacesavers with large wheel sizes.I haven't seen too many 18". I believe they are limited to 50mph, I know I would be very cautious with it fitted. I also bought a cover off eBay for £12.

Mine is 17", I think this is standard for spacesavers with large wheel sizes.I haven't seen too many 18". I believe they are limited to 50mph, I know I would be very cautious with it fitted. I also bought a cover off ebay for £12.

Hi Bob, are you pleased with the quality of the cover and if so, have you got a link to the one that you purchased please.

(I sent you a PM about this but I don't think that you have spotted it)

Hi Geoff,

Just got back from a trip out and saw your reply. I've added the link below not sure if it will work but if you search for spare tyre cover you should find it. I bought it from craftsales ltd and it was really quick delivery. The bag is ok for £9.99 plus £2.18 postage it is zipped and is the kind of material you find in strong shopping bags. I went for the XXL because the smaller ones looked a bit too small for a 17" wheel and due to the depth it may even take the 18" that is removed from the car in the event of a puncture.

Bob

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XXL-size-SPARE-TYRE-COVER-WHEEL-COVER-TYRE-BAG-COVER-BAG-FOR-ANY-CAR-/390811078486?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5afe27cf56

Hi Geoff

A 17" spacesaver will be fine. The tyre will have a larger profile compared to your 18" tyres, the result is the combined wheel+tyre diameter will be the same.

Ha ha, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links