Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Saw An Rc-F Yesterday

I took my IS-F for the recall work to Lexus woodford and they had a RC-F in the showroom. They are VERY pleased to have it there and rightly so. They commented that when someone in a IS-F comes in they always make a b-line for it. They were surprised when I said some people on here already had one on their drive, not sure why.

It was the first chance I had to have a good poke around.

First impressions was that I was a little underwhelmed. I am not sure if the styling is something that will grow on me or not. The front headlight design is one element I am speaking about with the odd shaped sunken design. I also am not keen on either of the wheel designs on offer. I personally prefer a more simplistic wheel design. The front is not as 'wide looking' as in the images of the car but is still very 'in your face' from a front end design perspective and bold. Lexus has taken a lot of risks on the styling which I applaud them for but I am not sure it hits my buttons. Also, the red seats did nothing for me so I would opt for a more neutral colour combo. I am not sure why Lexus felt the need to use suede, leather, silver carbon and plastic trim. It makes the suede elements feel like an after thought. Also the silver carbon is sparse at best and again looks almost out of place in the RC-F.

The things I did like was the views from the rear. I think the back of the car is spot on. I am glad they stuck with the quad stacked exhaust style as that is becoming a 'F' identifier. The side on view is nice as well and I like the lines of the car. The back seats are more usable for children than i was expecting which is where my head is at these days! The interior is well very well made and is a nice place to be. The seats are very comfy and I love the thickness of the steering wheel. It feels a lot nicer in my hands than my IS-F. You can see a lot of work has gone in to improving the cabin but my points above still stand. The analogue clock looks spot on and is a marked improvement over my digital clock.

I was offered a test drive but didn't have the time. Clearly this is where the improvements would be most felt and thee true benefit of the car realised. Overall I think the car is quite nice but there are too many question marks in my mind to make it as viable choice if I did have the cash to throw at one. I don't like the M4 either and imagine I would end up going for an older DB9 as opposed to either the C63, M4 or RC-F.

Finally, I was given a price list and Lexus value the £68,460.27 car at £22,792.27 after three and a half years. A depreciation stat of £45,668! That is staggering and looking at IS-F residuals cant be right. They do offer the car at just over £60,500 if you buy it out right. That's a good saving.

Stu

I took my IS-F for the recall work to Lexus woodford and they had a RC-F in the showroom. They are VERY pleased to have it there and rightly so. They commented that when someone in a IS-F comes in they always make a b-line for it. They were surprised when I said some people on here already had one on their drive, not sure why.

First impressions was that I was a little underwhelmed. I am not sure if the styling is something that will grow on me or not. The front headlight design is one element I am speaking about with the odd shaped sunken design. I also am not keen on either of the wheel designs on offer. I personally prefer a more simplistic wheel design. The front is not as 'wide looking' as in the images of the car but is still very 'in your face' from a front end design perspective and bold. Lexus has taken a lot of risks on the styling which I applaud them for but I am not sure it hits my buttons. Also, the red seats did nothing for me so I would opt for a more neutral colour combo. I am not sure why Lexus felt the need to use suede, leather, silver carbon and plastic trim. It makes the suede elements feel like an after thought. Also the silver carbon is sparse at best and again looks almost out of place in the RC-F.

The things I did like was the views from the rear. I think the back of the car is spot on. I am glad they stuck with the quad stacked exhaust style as that is becoming a 'F' identifier. The side on view is nice as well and I like the lines of the car. The back seats are more usable for children than i was expecting which is where my head is at these days! The interior is well very well made and is a nice place to be. The seats are very comfy and I love the thickness of the steering wheel. It feels a lot nicer in my hands than my IS-F. You can see a lot of work has gone in to improving the cabin but my points above still stand. The analogue clock looks spot on and is a marked improvement over my digital clock.

I was offered a test drive but didn't have the time. Clearly this is where the improvements would be most felt and thee true benefit of the car realised. Overall I think the car is quite nice but there are too many question marks in my mind to make it as viable choice if I did have the cash to throw at one. I don't like the M4 either and imagine I would end up going for an older DB9 as opposed to either the C63, M4 or RC-F.

Finally, I was given a price list and Lexus value the £68,460.27 car at £22,792.27 after three and a half years. A depreciation stat of £45,668! That is staggering and looking at IS-F residuals cant be right. They do offer the car at just over £60,500 if you buy it out right. That's a good saving.

Stu

I saw one too in the dealer - Azure blue with Red leather and I loved it!

I liked the styling but agree with the suede in the interior, I wonder why they put it there.

£68k you say? Must have had the TVD, ML and the adaptive cruise control. Id probably do without the TVD and adaptive cruise control as I never use it. Its not worth financing IMO. I dont think they're 100% sure on the depreciation and hence put a lowball figure. Although to be fair - ive never come across ANY vehicle which is priced lower than the guaranteed value after 3 years.

Stu

I have been fortunate and have seen the RC-F in all the

exterior colours available, except grey, I don’t know if its just me but its

amazing how different the car looks in each colour, the first colour I saw was

silver, and I agree with you Stu the head lights did look odd, but for some

reason I think they look better on darker colour cars, they seem to blend in

more and also look better from a distance, as for the interior I think the same

applies, the red is very red not like the red in my GS, and I think it makes

the inside look like a patch work quilt. It will be interesting to hear what

you think of the grey or black interior, as there is not so much of a contrast,

as for the suede, I was in the car a few days ago in shirtsleeves and it felt

quite nice and soft on the centre console and door arm rest compared to leather.

I have to say just from the pictures it looks a lot nicer in blue. I also like the idea of the cream seats but with a child they would be destroyed :)

I look forward to seeing yours and haven't a better poke around.

Stu

I have to say just from the pictures it looks a lot nicer in blue. I also like the idea of the cream seats but with a child they would be destroyed :)

I look forward to seeing yours and haven't a better poke around.

Stu

I dont understand why they didnt offer the Clove colour on the RC-F. Maybe its something theyll add later on. Itd be perfect for the blue! It seems to be a more yellowy shade and would look great with the red too and perhaps the solar flare :P

• 1 month later...

I seen a white one in Brum a few days back and it looked awesome on the move. didn't have much of a poke around apart from the pics. I agree with Stu about the back.. perfect balance and styling, but the front looks abit... errr... how can I put it... like something is missing.

in regards to the price depreciation I think Lexus might be wrong, like you said look at the IS-F, its still holding it value, but then again there were only 200 supplied to UK, so if there are more RC-F's coming to the UK then maybe it will drop, otherwise cant see that much of a fall.

Personally I cant see the IS-F drop less then 20k over the next 3 years (subject to condition & mileage). but then again I maybe wrong.

People in the US are already talking about the IS-F becoming a collectors edition.

overall a good write up Stu.

Collectors car. Maybe, I can see that happening due to the significance for Lexus, the almost unirlversal appraisal from enthusiasts and critics alike, the spec, reliability, styling, rarity etc etc etc

It is a corker of a car and truly took the competition to Mercedes and BMW. I truly believe there is no better all around car available year for year and price for price.

Stu

• Like 1