Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Rc-F Impressions ..:

I took my IS-F for the recall work to Lexus woodford and they had a RC-F in the showroom. They are VERY pleased to have it there and rightly so. They commented that when someone in a IS-F comes in they always make a b-line for it. They were surprised when I said some people on here already had one on their drive, not sure why.

It was the first chance I had to have a good poke around.

First impressions was that I was a little underwhelmed. I am not sure if the styling is something that will grow on me or not. The front headlight design is one element I am speaking about with the odd shaped sunken design. I also am not keen on either of the wheel designs on offer. I personally prefer a more simplistic wheel design. The front is not as 'wide looking' as in the images of the car but is still very 'in your face' from a front end design perspective and bold. Lexus has taken a lot of risks on the styling which I applaud them for but I am not sure it hits my buttons. Also, the red seats did nothing for me so I would opt for a more neutral colour combo. I am not sure why Lexus felt the need to use suede, leather, silver carbon and plastic trim. It makes the suede elements feel like an after thought. Also the silver carbon is sparse at best and again looks almost out of place in the RC-F.

The things I did like was the views from the rear. I think the back of the car is spot on. I am glad they stuck with the quad stacked exhaust style as that is becoming a 'F' identifier. The side on view is nice as well and I like the lines of the car. The back seats are more usable for children than i was expecting which is where my head is at these days! The interior is well very well made and is a nice place to be. The seats are very comfy and I love the thickness of the steering wheel. It feels a lot nicer in my hands than my IS-F. You can see a lot of work has gone in to improving the cabin but my points above still stand. The analogue clock looks spot on and is a marked improvement over my digital clock.

I was offered a test drive but didn't have the time. Clearly this is where the improvements would be most felt and thee true benefit of the car realised. Overall I think the car is quite nice but there are too many question marks in my mind to make it as viable choice if I did have the cash to throw at one. I don't like the M4 either and imagine I would end up going for an older DB9 as opposed to either the C63, M4 or RC-F.

Finally, I was given a price list and Lexus value the £68,460.27 car at £22,792.27 after three and a half years. A depreciation stat of £45,668! That is staggering and looking at IS-F residuals cant be right. They do offer the car at just over £60,500 if you buy it out right. That's a good saving.

Stu

The 22.7k might be what they are projecting a dealer would pay as a trade value for it, not the retail sale price.

That's true Jon....I think Stuart must have been looking at the PCP figures.

I don't think I will be buyers no one of these unfortunately, I haven't seen one yet so I may change my kind, but I am just not that impressed. Also watching an M4 embarrass it on that Top Gear review kind of sealed the deal for me, I wouldn't mind betting the IS-F is quicker!

I don't think I will be buyers no one of these unfortunately, I haven't seen one yet so I may change my kind, but I am just not that impressed. Also watching an M4 embarrass it on that Top Gear review kind of sealed the deal for me, I wouldn't mind betting the IS-F is quicker!

That figure is Lexus playing it safe, and actually is a little short sighted as it will put buyers off. I bet M4s are valued significantly higher than that in a similar deal.

Edit: BMW website has the GFV/balloon on a 3 year 10k pa BMW M4 Coupe with a price at £58,145 as £27,675 so if you were hand it back that's £15K plus interest more for the RCF than an M4.

Doesn't help the RCFs case much.

Don't think they are selling to well. Broadspeed knocking £4k off already.

Pretty much sold out apparently - Thats what ive been told for this year anyway

Lexus Stockport still got their two and if they don't sell one of them one has to go back to Lexus. RRG group not sold one yet.

Might be a bit cheeky and ask for a hefty discount lol :P I dont know whether I like the Grey one or the white one though

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links