Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Graham ............ think you should let this calm down a little, sell your Ls600 and get yourself a reliable Ls400 ............... you will be sooooo pleased, calm and contented for the future

Malc

• Like 1

Been doing a bit of digging about and my problem could be down to a faulty heater seat thermostat relay.... Which resets its self after car is switched off then once cars switch on again runs for 5-10 mins before tripping again.....

If only techs would try and find out the problems instead of just thinking its a failed part and replacing (without properly checking afterwards).... A bill of £1350+vat could end up being a £20-30 or whatever it costs part..... Thank god for warrantys

Once car gets sorted I will be putting it on market after next MOT & Service (may 2015)

Up for sale? Really? And that after being so happy to have her back yesterday. Surely 1 bad experience with Lexus can be rectified?

What will you get next?

..... run your Ls400 for a while then and consolidate ................... before you pay out more good money for summat that is unlikely to be up to the mark

Often best to just chill out with these things and reflect .............. ... life's too short to get wound up over a car tbh ..... it's draining

Malc

Not my 1st bad experience.... I had a GS450h prior to this and had big issues with drivers door lock seizing and collapsing couldn't get door open manually or electronically intially they wer going to have to destroy door card to access lock but then when priced up a door card at £2200+vat decided to seek other ways of getting to lock..... They did tell me how they did this but can't/wont write about it on a open forum as compromises Lexus car security... Needless to say I now know how to open these cars without keys or major damage to car 😉😉😉

Cost me a few pounds for that .... Lexus UK refused to help out even tho techs said it was a major fault with door lock and not misuse etc

Unsure what next car will be.... Let alone what marque

I don't recommend going the BMW route. I've just sold a 56 plate BMW 730D - Not very reliable and you can't even change the Battery without a visit to the BMW dealer to have it coded in ...

• Like 1

No bmws,jags,merc, may consider a Audi R8... Don't need a family car for myself as got Mrs a new one last year so now just needing a boy toy for myself .... If I Stayed with lex I'd think of a RC-F

Audi R8? *drool* Obviously you have more cash to burn than I do :)

RC-f - is that the one Jeremy Clarkson drove a few weeks ago?

LF-A Maybe? :)

I think if I had the money to spend on an Audi R8, I would also look at a Camaro or Corvette as a toy.

No bmws,jags,merc, may consider a Audi R8... Don't need a family car for myself as got Mrs a new one last year so now just needing a boy toy for myself .... If I Stayed with lex I'd think of a RC-F

While the R8 is a great car (especially the V10 Spyder :whistling: ) and a good all round every day car, it is a bit more of a, em, 'Prima Donna' than the LS 400! One thing to watch out for are that there are only certain Audi dealers who have R8 trained 'technicians' (ah, remember when we had mechanics?!). Still, in Scotland, there are more of them than the two Lexus dealers we currently have!

It is so annoying when things are not right with cars! My wife just sighs and lets me rant and rave - well, to a point! She told me today that I had "extreme OCD with your (flippin') cars" as I was trying to trace a tiny rattle in the Daimler's driver's door! Found it though! Ha!

I hope your LS gets fixed to your satisfaction.

• Like 2

Just had call back of lexus and unfortunatly car can't be picked up till sometime next week..... Head guy apologises for my predicament and has reassured me that when my motor is picked up its not a young boy racer.... As intially a bit sceptical about allowing some else to drive my car such a long distance down the road, did mention I'd be more than happy to have a rc-f or lf-a as a replacement courtesy car 😆😆😆 but bet it's a ct 😠

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but enlighten me please, is the Moray Firth where when approaching from the south you 1st see the bridge coming down a hill, the bridge itself is very low down a few feet above the water and looking right when crossing you can see industrial buildings a few miles away?

Reason I asked I think I went over there on the way to Wick a few years ago.

Yes I know that part of road your on about and the bridge... Just north of inverness long sloping road down towards bridge then road bends slightly to left to cross over bridge and roundabout just off other side of bridge (Cromarty bridge) the water you see there is the Cromarty firth which leads onto moray firth

Looking at the map I attached I live just to the right and above ELGIN just at the mouth of the river spey... Kingston on spey 😃

post-11502-0-54480900-1427127682_thumb.j

Just been back into my car and will be asking Lexus not to valet the interior again when they've got it.... Nicely hoovered (wasn't dirty anyway) I'd cleaned car top to bottom prior to it going away intially but now looks like someone's used a dirty dish cloth to clean Emv screen dash screen and the wood panelling .... It's covered in a white residue and can see the wipe marks,

Yes I'm very very pernickety but I spent time and money on excellent cleaning products to keep my car minted for them to wipe with a dirty rag so it seems..... Yep I'm a grumpy whinging toe rag when it comes to my car (Mrs just said I'm like this 24/7)

My philosophy's comes under something I learned in the forces

Aka the 6 Ps Planning and Preperation Prevents P155 Poor Performance , basically I hate having to do something twice when it should of been done correctly with right tools or whatever the first time round and on that note I'm off to re-clean my car

Just a little info .... I use spec cleaner on my Emv screen and dash screen as this doesn't leave any residual marks

I'm a perfectionish when it comes to cleaning my car, and have been known to take 2-3days if not 4 for washing drying prepping and polishing waxing car and cleaning interior but will only take a hour doing the Mrs car lol

• Like 1

Graham,

Like you, I spent a lot of time in the forces (24 years) and, although you are much too young, you have some of the same perfectionist traits as my old drill sergeant.

In fact, I am instinctively sitting to attention as I write this. :)

• Like 2

I did 9yrs ARMY Queens own highlanders infantry and REME and 4yrs RAF REGT, only made dizzy heights of cpl

Ranks went like this jpte Pte CFN Lcpl cfn Lcpl CPL LCPL CFN tapes wer on Velcro

Raf Regt went lac sac Cpl all in under a year and kept CPL rank up to discharge

Ps stand easy ok sit easy 😂😂😂😂😂😂

PPS ... I was a raf brat as a child as my whole family where military from way way back in all the forces navy raf and army

• Like 1

Just been back into my car and will be asking Lexus not to valet the interior again when they've got it.... Nicely hoovered (wasn't dirty anyway) I'd cleaned car top to bottom prior to it going away intially but now looks like someone's used a dirty dish cloth to clean Emv screen dash screen and the wood panelling .... It's covered in a white residue and can see the wipe marks,

Yes I'm very very pernickety but I spent time and money on excellent cleaning products to keep my car minted for them to wipe with a dirty rag so it seems..... Yep I'm a grumpy whinging toe rag when it comes to my car (Mrs just said I'm like this 24/7)

My philosophy's comes under something I learned in the forces

Aka the 6 Ps Planning and Preperation Prevents P155 Poor Performance , basically I hate having to do something twice when it should of been done correctly with right tools or whatever the first time round and on that note I'm off to re-clean my car

Just a little info .... I use spec cleaner on my Emv screen and dash screen as this doesn't leave any residual marks

I'm a perfectionish when it comes to cleaning my car, and have been known to take 2-3days if not 4 for washing drying prepping and polishing waxing car and cleaning interior but will only take a hour doing the Mrs car lol

I know exactly what you mean when someone leaves smears on your high polished interior. Until all the marks have disappeared its still dirty to me so don't feel your alone in this need for attention to detail. Mike

PS I was never in any of the forces.

• Like 1

I did 9yrs ARMY Queens own highlanders infantry and REME and 4yrs RAF REGT, only made dizzy heights of cpl

Ranks went like this jpte Pte CFN Lcpl cfn Lcpl CPL LCPL CFN tapes wer on Velcro

Raf Regt went lac sac Cpl all in under a year and kept CPL rank up to discharge

Ps stand easy ok sit easy

PPS ... I was a raf brat as a child as my whole family where military from way way back in all the forces navy raf and army

Nice im a air cadet RAF, perfection is what you need (especially with the shiny boots lol)

• 10 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links