Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The cold weather will make the economy worse.

The best journey I had was 25 miles around the M25 and I got 33mpg on my '98 Series II with the aircon on. On a 240 mile run I once got 31. Once you get into town and stop start traffic the mpg just dives.

The cold weather will make the economy worse.

The best journey I had was 25 miles around the M25 and I got 33mpg on my '98 Series II with the aircon on. On a 240 mile run I once got 31. Once you get into town and stop start traffic the mpg just dives.

You must have a delicate right foot. Best I've managed was 28 and that was all motorways/dual carriage ways

Last tankfull was 22.4MPG. Was hoping for a bit better than that. The first tank I used in it was about 26MPG. It seems to be getting slowly but surely worse, about 1MPG per tank... :unsure:

What sort of driving is this - heavy traffic or long runs.

My best is around the 20 mark but seem to average about 18-19 :crying:

My journey is typically 10 miles of doing about 30-40MPH and then 3 miles of stationary traffic for half an hour

i get about 80 miles for 20 pounds petrol at 76.9 per litre.last week i purchased an m reg golf tdi for 1700 pounds it had fsh and 1 owner with 125,000 on the clock in mint condition i filled the tank up for 35 pounds and have done 230 miles around town and the tank is yet to hit the half tank marker.im gonna use the lex for weekends and special occasions it just drinks too damn much

• Like 1

Last tankfull was 22.4MPG. Was hoping for a bit better than that. The first tank I used in it was about 26MPG. It seems to be getting slowly but surely worse, about 1MPG per tank...  :unsure:

What sort of driving is this - heavy traffic or long runs.

It was a mixture of A roads (not very much traffic) and a few trips into Nottingham city centre in traffic. Mainly 60MPH ish though. I just filled up again, and got 24.5mpg (340 miles on £48 fuel at 76.9p/litre). My BMW 528i Auto used to do between 27-29MPG on the same journey.

When I first bought the GS, I did 2 trips to Manchester and back through the peak district and got about 26MPG.

I get about 120 miles from about £30 worth of unleaded at 76.9/litre which equates to around 17mpg.

My journeys are generally around town at speeds of 30-40 mph.

On a good run I get much better mpg. Did London to Manchester on a full tank +£20 top up (one way).

I love the car and fortunately for me can afford the fuel cost otherwise I too would probably use a smaller car for my short trips and the Lexus for longer journeys.

Long time no talk, couldnt resist this one, mine is a 95 GS300, lovely nick and does 32 on a good run and between 25 and 28 aroung town, which I think is pretty good for a 3 Litre. I have used an injector cleaner frequently, dont know if it helps. The mileage is 74K.

In moments of madness with the power switch on the needle goes down quite quick, but goes like stink as they say.

DLJ

My GS has got sat nav so I can monitor the intantaneous mpg. I've found that I get better (3 - 4) mpg by using decent petrol, such as Total 95 rather than the Tesco stuff. I'm sure that Optimax would be even better but it causes flat spots at low revs and the timing cannot be altered to compensate.

If you are getting flat spots when using Optimax then it sounds like you have another problem, possible a dirty MAF sensor, dirty throttle body, incorrectly adjusted throttle position sensor or you didn't give the ECU enough time to advance the timing to take advantage of the increase in RON.

My GS has got sat nav so I can monitor the intantaneous mpg. I've found that I get better (3 - 4) mpg by using decent petrol, such as Total 95 rather than the Tesco stuff. I'm sure that Optimax would be even better but it causes flat spots at low revs and the timing cannot be altered to compensate.

While at the local BP I got chatting to the tanker guy who was delivering. It seems that from the 1st Jan they will be delivering BP petrol to all Sainsburys garages. So you can get good stuff at decent prices.

Have to say I don't bother too much about where the petrol comes from. Tried the optimex and noticed no difference and as i do about 200+ miles per day, saving 5p per litre soon adds up.

Interested in the injector stuff though and will give it a try

My daughter never gets more than 28mpg out of her mk2 GS300... but its only just joined the family. Think it might want a service. Last owner reckoned the plugs had been in since new and the think has done over 100k!

Nice ride though..safe as houses ;)

• 2 months later...

My GS300 Sport (II) returns 36mpg @ a steady 45 mph,(I know , I know ) no one drives all day @ that speed but I was curious. On a recent run from Norwich to Manchester with cruise set @ 65mph I managed 31 mpg. I found that if I added petrol additives the mpg does decrease & it takes a few tankfulls to recover the usual mpg. Cars mileage 71000.It is presently running on 19 inch OZ alloys with 255x19x45 so I dont know how much this would effect economy as the drag would increase. :driving:

I GET 110 MILES ON 20 QUID

BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HANG ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM DRIVIVG A MK1 LEXUS GS300 THAT LOOKS THE DOGS B#*@#KS

WHO CARES WETHER I GET 18 OR 25 TO THE GALLON

GET WITH THE PRGRAM - ENJOY THE DRIVE :driving:

HANG THE EXPENSE

:zee:

PAUL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links