Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,

The top section of my drivers side front door's door card (near the mirror and hinge) is un-clipped and pulls away from the door by about 10mm when the door is open.

I have not dared to remove the card in case I break clips or the card itself, I dont have a good track record when it comes to trim removal.

Should it just pop back on if I apply pressure to it, or does the card need to "slide" on to a clip at an angle?

Have any of you removed the door card and put it back? is it trouble free or easy to break clips etc?

Cheers.

You can buy trim removal tools for a few pounds,the clips can break but being Lexus they generally survive, I normally remove all the fixing screws at the bottom,in the door handle and interior door opening lever then start at the bottom rear and tug away. If fthings don't move recheck for a missed fixing screw.

Once loosened the card normally lifts off the window channel as the card is pulled away at the bottom.

You will also need to disconnect any wiring plugs from the window switched and puddle lights.

Replacement clips are available from dealers or the likes of ebay/Amazon so it may be worth getting a few before doing the job just in case.

If you can pull the card away enough to see the fixing clip where the problem is you may be able to realign it with the hole and give it a sharp thump to re-engage it saving the complete removal.

If you want to PM me an email address I'll look up the door card diagram and send it to you.

• Like 1

It's not an easy job, and you will break some of the fasteners, so get the tools and fresh clips.

You'll need a hook type puller to pull off the panel behind the interior door handle, a phillips screwdriver and a strong pry to unclip the rest of the door.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links