Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Is Why I'm Not Happy

As you know my car was away for some warranty work ie heated seat not working so lexus diagnosed faulty seat element (wrong diagnoses) now believe it's a faulty heated seat thermostat relay .... and as the 600s heated element is made into the leather I recieved a new leather seat (bottom half) this came back to me with same fault AGAIN .... Look at the way they fitted the leather..... Horrendous... Seat now looks like a huge fat bloke has been bouncing on it for the past few years... I am totally disgusted with this workmanship and will be taking this to head office if not rectified

1st couple of pics are obviously the disgusting workmanship on drivers seat

Next pic is how it should look like and similar to how it went to lexus intially (this is passenger seat tho but where in same condition)

And last pic again of offending seat

Now I hope Yous can all understand why I've been unhappy and ranting for a while

post-11502-0-94101300-1427199555_thumb.j

post-11502-0-40437400-1427199595_thumb.j

post-11502-0-45068100-1427199632_thumb.j

post-11502-0-48967700-1427199668_thumb.j

If car seats had looked anywhere near this when I bought her 10mths ago fo £32k I would of walked away from it as it looks used n abused and crushed ..... I am disgusted and ashamed at how it looks now..... Sorry ranting again

I'm away for a chill pill

No John it's owned by EASTERN WESTERN MOTOR GROUP ..... When lexus had a place in Aberdeen owned by Arnold Clarke their service and customer care was A1+++ excellent, most of the staff are now at the toyota and volvo dealerships in aberdeen, I had a issue with my GS450h 2yrs ago and took it to arnorld Clarke toyota in Aberdeen and was greeted by all the ex lexus staff I'd dealt with previously and was more than happy to let them do any work needed..... As my problem at moment is a warranty job I went straight to lexus...... Next time Ive any work needing done I'm taking it to them in Aberdeen ....

Pursuit of perfection hahaha my rear end it is

Just off phone with lexus, and my car will be picked up again on Monday,

My courtesy car is going to be a IS300h 😣

I was hoping for a RC-F 😂😂😂😂 lol

And relieved it wasn't a CT 😉😃😃😃😃 rofl

• Like 1

No John it's owned by EASTERN WESTERN MOTOR GROUP ..... When lexus had a place in Aberdeen owned by Arnold Clarke their service and customer care was A1+++ excellent, most of the staff are now at the toyota and volvo dealerships in aberdeen, I had a issue with my GS450h 2yrs ago and took it to arnorld Clarke toyota in Aberdeen and was greeted by all the ex lexus staff I'd dealt with previously and was more than happy to let them do any work needed..... As my problem at moment is a warranty job I went straight to lexus...... Next time Ive any work needing done I'm taking it to them in Aberdeen ....

Pursuit of perfection hahaha my rear end it is

Just looked at its website Graham.

In the context of your experiences with them ,the contents of the final paragraph under "About us" and "Our Staff" under "Meet our people" seem nothing more than translucent bullsh**.

Me thinks that an explicit email to the appropriate Dealer Principal with a copy to Lexus UK would not be inappropriate.

I and many others continue to watch these events unfold with total amazement.

Cannot see Lexus coming out on top of this years Dealer of the Year Poll.

Regards

John

That is shabby service. It's like it's come back 'repaired' from some back street garage. Hope they can fix it to the standard we all expect from a Lexus dealership, otherwise, I can see you sneaking out for another much needed cigarette!

• Like 1

You are clearly very upset about this, and I think you are right to follow it up. However, it's not my place to give advice, and what I'm going to say may sound trite, but events over the Alps yesterday demonstrate that what we perceive as big problems really are not.

I speak as one who is probably much like you. I am a perfectionist and stress over anything that is not just so. Having seen the grieving relatives on the news today and thought about what the poor people on that aircraft went through as it went down, and compared it to the stresses I feel during my ongoing house renovation, I intend to try and keep things in perspective as much as I can.

• Like 2

Also if they are driving the car up and down, (your location Moray and the Lexus dealership is in Edinborough?) it is rougly 180 miles away, 3hr+ journey... You should ask for a tow truck to put in on the truck it because personally I would hate for some donut to drive my car on the motorway putting on so many miles for something which is NOT your fault. Not even that, the type of car you have, you would want it to have as low miles as possible, ask for a truck.

• Like 1

Shocking really. The dealer is being paid by the warranty company to do the job, just looks like they are trying to profiteer by rushing or allowing somebody without the required experience perform the task.

• Like 1

Omar, I have asked for it to be recovered but as it's not a breakdown and drive able they will not entertain the idea of recovering it, I did mention that it is a extremly low mileage and minted 600 hence the reason I bought it for the price I did and wanted to keep mileage and wear and tear down to a minimum....

Intially they tried to fob me off by saying it's the seat cushion that's at fault and must of been worn and crushed before they changed the leather.... Absolute bull.... The car when I bought it was as new condition and if seat was worn I would of walked away, since owning it I have only placed 4k onto it... I'm a slim bloke ( I preferred toned lol) and weight as much as a small bag of tatties lol so not likely to be crushing the seat bolster..... The way the seat reminds me off is a much much older car with 100+++Ks on clock and as if it's been sat on by a huge fat bloke bouncing on seat.... Instead of a very loved car driven by a skinny runt lol.....

I will not rest with lexus till this is sorted.... As yet I haven't been let down by LEXUS just this dealer and their so called techs and customer service is shocking.... I'm still having doubts on letting them pick it up and drive it down the road, I may be taking a road trip myself, which would be better so I can speak face to face with them and point out their failings

Hugh.... I'm confused as to your comments reference the Alps disaster and grieving relatives and have no bearing on my problems with lexus.... Confused.com

Graham,

You live in a beautiful part of the country......but it must be a pain to have to travel so far to get to a Lexus dealer. I'm lucky to have 2 dealers within 20 miles. If I were you, I'd drive the car down to Edinburgh myself and have that face-to-face.

Incidentally, I'm writing this on the ferry between Amsterdam and Newcastle - we are coming over for a family celebration. So, if anyone sees a silver 460 with Dutch plates around the Glasgow area, give me a wave.

• Like 1

You are clearly very upset about this, and I think you are right to follow it up. However, it's not my place to give advice, and what I'm going to say may sound trite, but events over the Alps yesterday demonstrate that what we perceive as big problems really are not.

I speak as one who is probably much like you. I am a perfectionist and stress over anything that is not just so. Having seen the grieving relatives on the news today and thought about what the poor people on that aircraft went through as it went down, and compared it to the stresses I feel during my ongoing house renovation, I intend to try and keep things in perspective as much as I can.

Hmmm. What you say betrays a common misconception. Life is not a zero-sum game: it is perfectly possible to be equally upset about terrible disasters happening to other people and also non-life-threatening problems of your own. You don't have to choose, you don't have to rank these things in some sort of order. Being troubled by your own problems does not mean you are lacking in empathy or a sense of proportion. I'm sure you mean well but, in my personal view, you should not be telling someone else how to feel about their own difficulties.

Hmmm. What you say betrays a common misconception. Life is not a zero-sum game: it is perfectly possible to be equally upset about terrible disasters happening to other people and also non-life-threatening problems of your own. You don't have to choose, you don't have to rank these things in some sort of order. Being troubled by your own problems does not mean you are lacking in empathy or a sense of proportion. I'm sure you mean well but, in my personal view, you should not be telling someone else how to feel about their own difficulties.

First of all, I did not tell anyone how they should feel. If you read my post more carefully, you will note that was careful to relate my views to the way in which I get stressed over what seems like major problems. It was not advice, just an observation. Your view about life not being a zero sum game etc. is true enough, but it does us no credit and is only the case because we have such privileged, spoiled, soft lives compared to many and have little to worry about, except the occasional family tragedy or health issues. We generally worry too much about trivial matters.

I was watching the news about the plane crash as I read the OP's comments about being ashamed of a wrinkly seat and it seemed disproportionate, which in turn made me think about how I sometimes react to what are usually fairly trivial problems in the scheme of things.Your comment that my point betrays a common misconception is meaningless and irrelevant and assumes that I was discussing facts. I was not, I was discussing perception, which is 100% subjective. My perception of how we deal with specific issues is not wrong, and it's not right, it's just my perception, and my opinion. I don't care whether you think I meant well or not (although I did), and that comment is simply patronising.

Again, if you read my post more carefully, you will note that I specifically made the point that it is not my place to give advice. I suggest you adopt the same view. I don't expect you to agree, and I'm definitely not going to get into an argument with someone who can, firstly, completely miss my point, and, secondly, contradict themselves by giving me advice.

• Like 1

I seem to have touched a nerve, for which apologies, but there's no need to be quite so combative.

I said that I was sure you meant well to avoid giving the impression that I thought you were some kind of wind-up merchant. It was a polite and well-meaning remark.

Saying, as you did, "what we perceive as big problems really are not" makes it look as if you are telling other people how to deal with these things. Saying it in response to someone having trouble with their car is unavoidably going to be interpreted as giving advice. Now you add that "we generally worry too much about trivial matters", which simply adds to that impression. I'm afraid I think it is nonsense anyway - we all deal with things as we see them, and what is trivial to you may be very important to me. The OP has also quite rightly said that he does not see how the plane crash has any bearing on his Lexus issues, so it's not just me that thinks you are out of line here.

And I did not contradict myself - I merely said that you should not tell someone else how to feel about their own difficulties. I'm sure you would agree with that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links