Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should This Cable Be Plugged In.....?

Hi All,

Just had a quick look at what I think is the SatNav unit in the boot to the right of the spare wheel and under a couple of brackets (could they make it anymore inaccessible?) and I see a cable is disconnected.

There is a corresponding socket for it to plug into.

Is this a standard cable for the SatNav that should be connected or something redundent a previous owner had fitted?

post-51868-0-04599900-1427383558_thumb.j

Hmmmm.... There are 3 empty sockets to the rear of my unit and it doesn't appear to fit any of them!

Any idea what the empty ones might be used for? Had a bit of a google but can't find anything useful...

post-51868-0-34667700-1427398145_thumb.j

Will have to have a look at mine when I have a moment,or has someone tried to fit one?is that the only bit of wiring you can find round the dvd module in the boot then?

Spoke to the previous owner.

Apparently it is standard and fits into the topmost right hand socket!

It was unplugged because when the unit failed the disc continually "clicked" as it re-tried to read it and the sound was annoying.

Solves that mystery :D

In some ways it would be nice to have the old unit working, but as the tech is now 13 old years and apparently didn't accept full postcodes and according to the previous owner was a bit clunky to use, I think i'll just scrap it and fit a modern unit into the housing.

but as the tech is now 13 old years and apparently didn't accept full postcodes and according to the previous owner was a bit clunky to use, I think i'll just scrap it and fit a modern unit into the housing.

MUCH better idea ;)

but as the tech is now 13 old years and apparently didn't accept full postcodes and according to the previous owner was a bit clunky to use, I think i'll just scrap it and fit a modern unit into the housing.

MUCH better idea ;)

yeah that is the way forward. you can get some really good systems for not that much money these days.

There's a host of other things you can do with it too, than just navigation. Video screen for TV/DVD, car computers, ECU/state monitoring (for example, Torque app on an Android device linked to an OBD2 reader), reverse cameras, forward facing cameras, gauges, media player for music and video, etc etc...

Currently mine if just navigation, as I need to upgrade the cheap tablet I put in there, but the plan with mine is to add reverse camera and Bluetooth functionality, and if I go Android, link up for the Torque app.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links