Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Service Their Is200 At Toyota Or Lexus?

Does your car drive like a 2 liter straight 6 should and feel torquey and kick you into the seat at 4500revs? or does it drive like a sluggish 1 litre that people make them out to be?

Re: The title.... I tried to get my IS serviced at the local Toyota garage (which is 1 mile down the road) and they wouldn't do it and pointed me in the direction of Lexus 10 miles away :(

In a nutshell, I do now. The essential care services are very competitive compared to when I brought the car twelve years ago. On top of that Lexus Birmingham sorted me out with an even better package for a three year service plan. PM me if you want the chaps name.

Long version.. After my warranty ran out, my car was serviced by a friend who is an award winning ex Lexus/Toyota techie. She was well looked after and didn't miss a beat.

However Louise had been in storage for nearly 5 years and I now live quite a distance away from my friend. So last year I went with servicing stop.Co.UK for a major service, it was quoted at a tasty price but once surcharges were stuck on, it was quite expensive. They didn't care about the car, we're under trained to deal with it and it was just another number. Lexus gave her some proper TLC.

Likewise I lost out with my Aygo going with servicing stop.Co.UK only to realise Toyota now offer fixed price servicing cheaper than I paid for with SS. I think for routine servicing Lexus are the way to go.

Definite notice in improvement with the interim Lexus Servicing vs full X garage service. I'm not sure if the Lexus OEM engine flush and fuel treatments had anything to do with it.

I've never noticed any difference after a service on any vehicle. A routine service is really all about preventative maintenance, it doesn't fix issues unless you were in desperate need for a new air filter.

The IS200 isn't that quick but impossible to tell if yours has a specific problem without driving it. Have you driven another example to make a comparison?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links