Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 - Replacement Reversing Lights

I bought a couple of these bulbs from DealExtreme and fitted them today.

They are just a touch too long to fit with the bulb holder clipping back in to place - but seems secure enough.

These are very bright and I am pleased with the result.

http://www.dx.com/p/7443-7440-t20-50w-700lm-10-cree-xb-d-r3-white-car-steering-signal-brake-light-12-24v-278026

Brendon, interested to know how the bulbs remain secure if the bulb holder won't clip in place? Are they just jammed in place? I'm asking because I'm thinking of replacing my reversing lights with brighter L.E.D.'s myself sometime. Once in, do they make much difference?

Hi Brian

Unfortunately they are slightly too long, and so it is not possible to push the bulb holder fully in, and turn it to lock it in place. Whilst it might rattle around a little, there is no chance of it falling out.

With regard to being brighter, absolutely. I did take a photo when I had changed one side only (a before and after for comparison), but as is often the case with night-time photos, the photo does not do the reality justice.

The bulb, if you look at the photo, has a couple of LEDs on the end covered by a lens to focus the light beam. However, the mounting of the bulb means that the beam is at right angles to the rear of the car - ie not pointing in the direction you are reversing. Still VERY bright and throwing a lot of light, a good distance. If I were to do it again I might go for a shorter bulb, with LEDs, all around the body of the bulb. Perhaps something like this:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ABD-7440HP-582-21W-54-LED-WEDGE-WHITE.html

I note that these are 21w and the ones I fitted were advertised as 50w.. Whether they were or not, could not say with any certainty.