Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F Emissions

While i am on the forum, i would like to mention that i recently had a mot on my is-f and the tester called me half way through the test to show me the emissions analyser, it was reading 0 for exhaust emissions, and 0 for unburnt fuel emissions, he said he had reset the analyser to double check the results as he had never seen that before in all the years and vehicles he had tested, now a 5.0 v8 was showing 0 emissions, so why do we pay £500 road tax lol.

As there must be a number of lower taxed vehicle's on the road with a lot more non friendly readings than the Is-f.

so why do we pay £500 road tax lol.

As there must be a number of lower taxed vehicle's on the road with a lot more non friendly readings than the Is-f.

The MOT checks for Carbon Monoxide and Hydrocarbons to make sure the Cats are working correctly and the engine fuelling isn't too far out of adjustment.

Vehicle tax is based on Carbon Dioxide, one because it is a 'greenhouse' gas for which reduction targets have been set across the world and secondly the amount of CO2 produced is seen to have a direct relationship with the amount of petrol used so you are taxed based on how efficient the vehicle is in its fuel usage rather than the toxic gases it produces.