Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bloody Typical!

Luckily he was insured.... Just not paying attention!

Accident happened in Wakefield.

Spoke to Lexus Leeds and their repair centre is in Guisely ( Benfield group) . The guy at Guisely just sighed and said it's going to cost a small fortune.

First thing I did after the bump was speak to Admiral and get the guys insurance details. He was 20 years old and had one of those blackbox things in his car. His renewal is going to astronomical.

Luckily he was insured.... Just not paying attention!

Accident happened in Wakefield.

Spoke to Lexus Leeds and their repair centre is in Guisely ( Benfield group) . The guy at Guisely just sighed and said it's going to cost a small fortune.

First thing I did after the bump was speak to Admiral and get the guys insurance details. He was 20 years old and had one of those blackbox things in his car. His renewal is going to astronomical.

Yup looks like hes going to be paying 4 figs upon renewal if he isnt already! Luckily his insurance company is paying for it so it should be fine right?

Hoping that everything will be fine!!!

If not I'm going to lose the plot.

I'm fine , no injuries to me . Don't know about the other bloke. He was walking and talking fine ....... Unless he remembers that he suffered whiplash/ I reversed into him etc.

The major damage is to the left side. The plastic wheel arch has bent and dislodged. Also the metal wrapround below the tail lights has dropped half an inch below the left tail light. Park sensors are all knackered.

Admiral uses Albany for their courtesy/ temp hire cars. Googled them and the reviews aren't very good. I'm going to let The Benfield group sort out the repairs and courtesy car. Don't want to get involved in this credit hire nonsense!

amit 30/3

used them via my insurance [albany] never again courtesy car filthy paid more for wk than month terrible vehicle 2year old volvo xc 60

stay clear of them .

The major damage is to the left side. The plastic wheel arch has bent and dislodged. Also the metal wrapround below the tail lights has dropped half an inch below the left tail light. Park sensors are all knackered.

Admiral uses Albany for their courtesy/ temp hire cars. Googled them and the reviews aren't very good. I'm going to let The Benfield group sort out the repairs and courtesy car. Don't want to get involved in this credit hire nonsense!

Yeah just pay the extra excess to allow your own choice of repairer to do the work. Lexus should give you a courtesy car if work is done by them

If he remembers he got whiplash, that's his problem as it was his fault lol.

Im sorry to hear that happened but glad you are ok.

Is there no way that you can get the car written off being so new and get a new replacement? I would be very upset if my new car got rear ended. I know cars can be repaired well by the right body shop but I would be worried that it will never be quite the same.

I have seen nearly new cars with little damage up for sale on auction sites as they were written off by the insurance companies.

Rayaans is right. He will get nothing for whiplash!

Damage is too little to be a complete write off. Maximum cost should be between £2-3k from the looks of it. My guess is they'll just stick a new bumper and relevant pieces on.

Cars usually get written off if theyre damaged from the front due to excessive cost - rear ended vehicles are repaired accordingly. Airbag deployment usually drIves cost of repair up due to the whole interior being replaced

However insurance company will take everything into account including courtesy car costs and expensive labour so its a possibility that the car may be a Cat D.

I'm not too sure but I think you only get a new car if it's a total loss ie 60% of the value of the car

I'm going to let The Benfield group sort out the repairs and courtesy car. Don't want to get involved in this credit hire nonsense!

Definitely. If it isn't your fault then let your dealer take over the claim, you should get a Lexus courtesy car and it will be repaired properly.

Thanks for the feedback.

As this is my first claim since I started driving these are my concerns:

Contacted Admiral regarding accident. Admiral then passed my details to Albany, who then contacted me re hire car. Now I haven't signed anything with Albany . I informed Admiral claims that I will be having my car repaired by a Lexus approved garage ( Benfield Guisely).

They have come back to me stating "we will agree costs with the relevant company ".

Now what? What if they dont agree? I really don't want to sign any credit hire forms with Albany.

Ok so most likely Admiral will try and steer you towards their "approved repairers". These are basically companies which do a cheap job so there is maximum profit for the insurance company itself.

Now what you want is the Lexus Leeds body shop to do the work, therefore you will have to pay a "non approved repairer" excess of about £200.

To stop you from doing this Admiral will most likely say "the repair work will not be guaranteed and you won't get a courtesy". That's utter BS. The Lexus body shop will guarantee the work and you will get a courtesy if you demand it.

Btw, it is YOUR legal right to have the car repaired by any repairer you choose, they can't refuse it on the basis of cost or anything else for that matter

Basically from here onwards you should be ok. They'll contact the body shop for a quote and they'll pay for the work.

Will do😛. Received phone call from Admiral today stating the 3rd party has accepted full responsibility and my no claims will not be affected and the excess has been waived. Car booked in at Benfield tomorrow for estimated costs . Hopefully will be smooth going from now!

Just waiting now for the RX unveiling in New York😍

Will do. Received phone call from Admiral today stating the 3rd party has accepted full responsibility and my no claims will not be affected and the excess has been waived. Car booked in at Benfield tomorrow for estimated costs . Hopefully will be smooth going from now!

Just waiting now for the RX unveiling in New York

Already revealed - check my post in the RX section for pics!

Sorry to hear about this accident. Your car is likely to be registered as a cat D which will affect its value when it comes to selling it.

Highly unlikely that it will be written off as a Cat D for minor rear damage on a brand new car.

A lot of new cars are written off because of the huge mark up they are worth much less than the retail price. If its written off the insurers will have to get you a new one and with the big discounts they get the difference between what they get for yours and what they pay for new might not be that much.

They aren't going to get huge discounts though and together with a waiting list the cost of a loan car would be a significant add to the cost.

When I had somebody reverse into my Merc I got a loan ML which cost the insurance company £3,000 per week.

I've got a terrible feeling something is going to go wrong here! Benfield have said they don't have a Lexus courtesy car available for when my car goes in. So Admiral/ Albany will HAVE to provide a rip off Hire car/ courtesy car. The parts situation is even worse. They don't have a fixed date of when certain parts will be available! The car could be in the repair shop for a few days or a few weeks.

A nightmare situation.

I've got a terrible feeling something is going to go wrong here! Benfield have said they don't have a Lexus courtesy car available for when my car goes in. So Admiral/ Albany will HAVE to provide a rip off Hire car/ courtesy car. The parts situation is even worse. They don't have a fixed date of when certain parts will be available! The car could be in the repair shop for a few days or a few weeks.

A nightmare situation.

Get Benfield to put a date on when the parts will be available. Say you can't be without your car for an unknown amount of time.

Another option is ring Lexus Bradford and see if they can give you a date and courtesy car, it's not too far from you

Amit, have just got back from holiday and read your post. I am so sorry, you must be extremely angry and gutted. As far as I am aware, a vehicle only becomes Cat D if the insurer decides it is uneconomical to repair, and therefore does not carry out the repair work. From what I can see, the damage is very unlikely to trigger the automatic write off of a £45k car. I hope the parts arrive quickly, and you are back on the road asap. In the highly unlikely event that they did decide to write off the car, one option is for you to buy it back as a Cat D, and get the repairs done yourself. Cat D cars are worth less at resale, but a favourable deal with the insurer could more than cover that when you decide to sell. Good luck mate!