Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was pumping tyres up with a tried and tested pump running off the cigar lighter when it stopped. Nothing else plugged into the cigar lighter works so I thought - fuse.

Checked every fuse - would be nice if they were labelled or if there was a diagram in the driver handbook - and still nothing.

Any ideas?

I wouldn't normally bother that much but I am directionally challenged and rely on my satnav which has only a two hour Battery life.

Then I remembered there are cigar lighters in the rear doors, both of which are working so completed the tyre pumping. Bit of a mystery that the one in the front is out of action but such is life and all that.

Now working out how to run an cigar lighter extension lead from rear to front.

There is a 7.5A cigar fuse in the internal fuse box, all the fuses should be labeled on the inner cover of the fuse cover.

There is also apparently an internal fuse within the cigar lighter itself, the only real way of checking is to remove the ash tray and then check for supply voltage at the rear.

Looks like your needle is stuck in the groove also Mike :)

What happened there then? Mike.

I don't know but you posted you had deleted the repeat thread twice, system glitch perhaps :)

There's a visual on this if your lighter has burnt out the secondary fusible link. They don't like Air pumps.

I personally always take a 12v motorcycle Battery with me if I'm going on a long trip just in case I need to use the tyre pump.

I have dispensed with the plug and added two croc clips. It stores nicely in a small tray with door next to the CD Player. Not sure why that little cubby hole exists, but it suits - albeit that it needs a better lock if you've nothing against it in the boot.

This thread may help?

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/42712-cigar-lighter-problem/

All the fuse positions should be labelled, normally there is a diagram on the underside of the fusebox cover.

The internal fusebox is in the drivers footwell, not sure exactly where on the LS but normally either directly below the steering wheel or on the side.

I think it is on the right hand side of the steering column as you look in the footwell. You have to get low down to see it - probably easiest kneeling down outside the car to see where it is.

It has a square white cover which pulls off from the bottom and there is a diagram on the inside of the cover indicating what the fuses are.

OK. I give up. Where is the internal fuse box?

Another member has explained where it is, but personally not being a contortionist (have had severe sciatica in the past) and my attempt to even see the fuse box I found almost impossible, let alone trying to get the cap off,. I plumped for pulling out the cigar lighter and found the fusible link was the cause. See threads for tips. Not too hard on the 93 model.

ps to another - the lighter is a cigar lighter because it's not just three eighths of an inch diameter required for cigarettes. Never known them as ciggy lighters in my time, but maybe others have?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links