Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-F Seems To Be Selling Well.

Lexus Woodford have sold 2 and have one more on the way which they say will sell quickly as they are getting many enquiries about the cars. Also having people come in to take photos.

Looks like all the marketing has paid off for Lexus and despite some poor track focused reviews the 'f' brand is growing in popularity. I hope this is the case.

Stuart

I'm not too sure.

Enquiries don't necessarily mean anything though. For example, my house has been on sale for a year, I put it under market value and I've had multiple enquiries but only 1 buyer is serious!

RRG group hasn't sold a single RC-F yet!

Be interesting to see how many of the 150 they shift. As there's only 200 odd isf's that is a bold target. Be great if they achieve or get close to it. That would represent a giant leap forward.

Be interesting to see how many of the 150 they shift. As there's only 200 odd isf's that is a bold target. Be great if they achieve or get close to it. That would represent a giant leap forward.

They'll start going quicker if they stick them on their used website and autotrader etc

I think sales of the RCF will be low, I know two people that

have cancelled there order for the RCF in favour of the GSF, the RCF has sold
well in the US but when you read they profiles most RCF owners have a second
car for family use, only using the RCF as there weekend/fun car.

The ISF is more of a family car were the RCF is not, I think
they should have made the boot a bit smaller and moved the back seats back by 6”,
what’s the point of a large boot for only two people, so in this country not
many people have just a weekend/ fun car, so I think the GSF will sell better,
the only stumbling point will be the price, probably around the £75k mark.

I think sales of the RCF will be low, I know two people that

have cancelled there order for the RCF in favour of the GSF, the RCF has sold

well in the US but when you read they profiles most RCF owners have a second

car for family use, only using the RCF as there weekend/fun car.

The ISF is more of a family car were the RCF is not, I think

they should have made the boot a bit smaller and moved the back seats back by 6,

whats the point of a large boot for only two people, so in this country not

many people have just a weekend/ fun car, so I think the GSF will sell better,

the only stumbling point will be the price, probably around the £75k mark.

£75k is too much for the GS-F. It won't be cometing against the M5/E63/RS6 as it doesn't have enough power. It should be priced at about £65k to make it appealing for that class

• 2 months later...

Toyota UK's official figures show 7 sold/registered in 2014 and 115 in 2015 up to the end of May.

Does the registration include demo's though?

There's like 34 odd vehicles on Lexus Used website.

Why they didnt just stick the 5.0 V8 lump into the 3rd Gen IS is beyond me. Not many people want a car which can only carry 4 people.

The IS-F would have sold better IMO and probably would have driven much better too.

I think the reason they didn't stick a V8 in the IS is because they already have its called the ISF. They wanted a 2 door coupe to replace the SC, also I think that most ISF owners would agree that the ISF is not really a comfortable 4 seater car never alone a 5 seater, that's why they are bringing out the GSF, a 5ltr V8, comfortable 5 seater witch is around the same width as the IS and around 6" longer

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I think the reason they didn't stick a V8 in the IS is because they already have its called the ISF. They wanted a 2 door coupe to replace the SC, also I think that most ISF owners would agree that the ISF is not really a comfortable 4 seater car never alone a 5 seater, that's why they are bringing out the GSF, a 5ltr V8, comfortable 5 seater witch is around the same width as the IS and around 6" longer

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

They don't have a 3rd Gen ISF. With the kids the RCF is ruled out for me. 2nd hand GSF in a couple of years for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

The IS-F has been discontinued and its on the 2nd Gen frame. The 3rd Gen IS handles great already, better than the RC does (driven both IS350 and RC350 in the States). With a 5.0 V8, 470hp and less weight, as well as the ability to carry 5 people in moderate comfort, a bigger boot and likely, a lower price, it'd be hard not to entice Lexus fans as well as people from the German brands.

The SC is coming out in 2017 - so it wasn't a replacement for that.

I like the RC-F a lot but it has way too many shortcomings - the lack of 3 rear seats and 2 extra doors is a problem in itself for me. The GS-F is an improvement and more in line with what I need but of course the price is going to be around the £70-80k region. An IS-F would do very very well, shame Lexus can't see it!

But then, they can't see that not having the ability to specify all the options on an NX F-Sport is reducing the amount of people committing to buy it so Im not too surprised and of course the lack of firepower in the GS-F compared to competitors, isn't going to do the GS-F any favours in terms of bragging rights.

Sometimes it seems as if Lexus just gave up after the LFA similiar to James Hunt giving up after that one championship in terms of outright performance models.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links