Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glad you're o.k. though. I presume the car's a write-off then? It would be a real shame if it is, yet another LS gone for good. Hope the culprit had insurance.You never know these days. Did you manage to get any photographs of the scene by any chance?

I tried to post some pictures from my phone whilst waiting for the breakdown truck, this should work now.

I got out of the car scott free apart from the proverbial whiplash.

Interesting point, the Traffic Officer said that had it been a lesser car he would have been dealing with a fatality, Rock on Lexus.

When the police first came to the scene they radioed in for an Air Ambulance and were surprised to see me emerge from the car, the only scratch I received was when I finally got out of the car I stood up and hit my head on an overhead branch. LoL

post-48279-0-29376400-1429102482_thumb.j

post-48279-0-53822600-1429102490_thumb.j

post-48279-0-26159100-1429102495_thumb.j

Really sorry to see that, but the main thing is that you are ok. You can always replace the car. Very interesting to hear what the Traffic Cop said. I always feel extremely safe in my LS 430. Good luck with your search for a replacement, I'm sure you will find one.

• Like 2

Serious! Hitting your head on branch seems it just wasn't going to be your day. Glad to hear your OK but I bet there are bits of you aching today you never knew you had. Mike.

• Like 1

Ochhhh that'll polish out

But on a serious note I'm gutted for you...

I once came across a 430 that had been in a pile up all panels severely damaged and looking at car you'd think serious injurys ... Everyone front and back ok and like you just a bit of whiplash

• Like 1

How I ended up like that is a long story Eff, in short, the chav rammed into my offside rear, once off the road and onto the grass there was no stopping her. Side swiped a tree destroying the near side then I think a wheel dug in and spun the car 180° finally coming to a stop when the rear end hit another tree.

Really sorry to hear this but most importantly you are OK.

There will be another good car out there somewhere for you and I hope you are able to find one soon.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear and see the resultant outcome, main thing is you are OK.

Look at that alloy "girder" across the rear,there's the same at the front that's one of the reasons you walked away more or less intact.

No debate regarding this one, it's a write off so start looking for the replacement.

• Like 1

Goes to show what a strong car they are that 'post crash' you were able to stand there taking photos.Glad your ok at the end of the day the car done its job and protected the driver.As for the Trees you may go out and plant a few to offset the ones the good old Lexus demolished.. :whistling:

Buy her back of the ins now cheap strip her and sell all the good parts on here :phone: Ill get a list lol.

But all joking aside glad your ok.

• Like 1

Gordon Bennet,

Glad to see you're okay, but the whiplash will give you a fair bit of havoc, looking at the damage to the car.

So make sure you get a report from the doctor ASAP - and I assume the other idiots insurance will cough up.

My wife get rear ended at 10mph, and though she was okay, until 2 days later the pain really started.

As you say a big car like the LS is a life saver. best of luck getting it sorted and looking for a new LS

• Like 1

My desolation was short lived, next week after my holiday in Jersey I'm travelling to Dundee to relieve Allister of his LS430.

Can't wait, AND it's the same colour as mine but with more woodwork !!

Happy I am. (Said like Yoda )

• Like 1

Glad to see your sorted with another LS and yes a brilliant colour... My 400 is amberley Gold and if the had been a gold 600 I'd of got a gold one instead of silver.......

Eff.

I think your looking at the near side rear tail light on a Peugeot 207 that has come to rest on it's side.

On the up side , the scroat in the Peugeot's insurance won't cover HIS car because he fitted none standard wheels without informing his insurance company.

According to the police.

I wonder how the smaller Lexus models would perform in such a crash (obviously I wouldn't want this to happen to anybody). Clearly the LS4xx models are tanks and can take a few big hits with minimal injuries to the driver/passengers.

• Like 1

Eff.

I think your looking at the near side rear tail light on a Peugeot 207 that has come to rest on it's side.

On the up side , the scroat in the Peugeot's insurance won't cover HIS car because he fitted none standard wheels without informing his insurance company.

According to the police.

Brilliant that you are fixed up with another car. As for the scroat a good example to all who don't inform their insurance companies of modifications. Are the police prosecuting him? Mike.

Oh yes.

Apparently they tried to get him on 5 previous occasion's ,this time they want to prosecute.

I was asked if I was prepared to testify in court.

Sounds like the sooner he has a rest from driving the better for all of us. Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links